Pull Out Method As Method Of Contraception???

Cloe

Reaction score
Our LO is almost 3 months old and my DH and I have found back to a normal sex life. We have had unprotected sex twice now. Once no protection at all and the other time we used the withdrawel method. I have read one some sites that women are most/extremely fertile in the first three month after birth. Is that true? My husband wouldn't mind having our second baby so close together, but I am just worried that it won't be healthy for my body, which has not really recovered from my first pregnancy.

I mentioned to DH i could ask my doctor to put in a coil, but DH is worried about infections or other bad reactions to it. My Gyn. advised against the minipill while breastfeeding and DH really does not like to use condoms.

DID ANYONE OF YOU LADIES HERE GET PREGNANT WITH THE PULL OUT/WITHDRAWL METHOD???

Please share your thoughts.

- Cloe

Afraid if you don't want to get pregnant just yet you're going wrong way about it! The withdrawal method is extremely unreliable as protection.

To be frank, either bite the bullet and choose something such as the IUD even if your partner isn't keen or accept you may have the pitter patter of feet before long...!

Yes you are extreamly fertile after birth & i wouldnt recomed the withdrawal method as contraception. Are you sure your Dr. has advised against the minipill while BF??? The only reason i ask is that the contraception nurse gave me the minipill because i am BF. The minipill only contains progestogen unlike the combined pill which contains oestrogen and a progestogen & its the oestrogen that stops you producing milk.

The pullout method can be good when done correctly. He pulls out way before he finishes...not when he is about to. I got pregnant twice on the pullout method but thats because he pulled out as he was coming. Precum itself does not contain sperm. Many will disagree but it just doesnt. Having sex for a second time before he goes pee can cause sperm to be stuck and come out in the precum so make sure he goes to the bathroom after each time he comes. Also..the rythem method can work to. But that takes alot of effort that you may not have time for and it also requires you to know when you ovulate. Not having sex on your fertile days...aprox 6 days before you ovulate and 2 days after. There is also other things you can do. There is that foam stuff you put in you about an hour or so before sex...this also requires planning..and honestly..who likes to plan sex lol. Theres also a diaphragm you can use..thats probably the easies and safest. I dont agree with the pill or anything that changes your hormones but of course those options are up to you. Good luck =)

My OH and I are also using this method. As well as timing against fertile periods.......

I used to think it was extremely an unreliable method, but looking up the statistics its not that bad. If used correctly, only 4 out of 100 couples in a year will get pregnant :thumbup:

Hey my OH and I were using the withdrawal method because we were quite happy to get pregnant but not too fussed about it happening straight away..anyway, it worked for a while and then the second time we had an "accident" i got pregnant..at the end of my cycle..so yes not reliable at all We were really lucky since it all happened very easily for us and we weren't really trying. We're really happy about the way things worked out but i would seriously suggest a different method if you really don't want to fall pregnant yet, plus I doubt you can get the morning after pill if you are breastfeeding, I'd tell your OH to deal with it and wear a condom...small sacrifice on his part I'd say after what your body's been through for pregnancy!

I have an 8yr old son from not putting a condom on soon enough, and my dh put it on well, well before it was needed. Best accident ever. :) Nobody can convince me precum does not have sperm. I can send you a pic of my son if needed. ;)

^^^^This, my OH always pulled out well before cumming. If precum does dont have sperm then my pregnancy was an imcculate conception thats all i can say.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->