Pull-out Method ending in pregnancy anyone?

beckster201

Pregnant with #2!
Reaction score
Hi, I'm am super new to the site and just had a quick question. My BF and I aren't really TTC but we aren't really NOT trying either if that makes sense. Anyways, my LMP was March 2nd and I'm assuming I ovulated somewhere around the 16th-21st (I don't chart so I'm not exactly sure on the dates). We did the dead on the 19th but he pulled out. AF was supposed to rear her ugly head around March 31st (give or take a day, my cycles are usually anywhere from 28-31 days) and as of today, she is MIA.

I have been having a few symptoms, although, I can never tell the difference between pg and af symptoms. I usually get very sore BB's about a week before AF and as of today, just my nipples are sore and I've had AF type cramping for about a week. I also took a Dollar General pg test today (not with FMU, though) and it was negative. What is going on? Could I still be pg? I already have one DD and would love another baby but do not want to get my hopes up. What do you ladies think?

I would wait a couple of days and test again. Good luck!:hugs:

you can be pregnant but id say just wait a week and if AF still isnt here test again

wait a week and in af is still a no show, take another test. Some woman don't test positive till a week late. Also, pull out method is NOT a good method of birth control, so I say your chances are pretty good ^_^ good luck!

I have gotten pregnant twice by using this pullout method...and i only had sex the one time each month that it happened. Its very possible to get pregnant this way. try a First Response test..they are more sensitive. GL in what ever you are hoping for =)

Hi, I'm am super new to the site and just had a quick question. My BF and I aren't really TTC but we aren't really NOT trying either if that makes sense. Anyways, my LMP was March 2nd and I'm assuming I ovulated somewhere around the 16th-21st (I don't chart so I'm not exactly sure on the dates). We did the dead on the 19th but he pulled out. AF was supposed to rear her ugly head around March 31st (give or take a day, my cycles are usually anywhere from 28-31 days) and as of today, she is MIA.

I have been having a few symptoms, although, I can never tell the difference between pg and af symptoms. I usually get very sore BB's about a week before AF and as of today, just my nipples are sore and I've had AF type cramping for about a week. I also took a Dollar General pg test today (not with FMU, though) and it was negative. What is going on? Could I still be pg? I already have one DD and would love another baby but do not want to get my hopes up. What do you ladies think?

Beckster, I am i the exact same position almost! We're not trying but we're not not trying and using the pull-out method (although i have to say this month not 100% effectively).
AF is due today for me, so just waiting to see what happens. Have been having symptoms, but like you am skeptical because trying to tell the difference between AF and PG symptoms is tough! Heartburn, sore BBs (i would say more than normal this month but it might be in my head), and tearfulness are my worst symptoms...

GL, Hope :witch: stays away and you get your BFP! :flower:

I did a little research on the pull-out method since my DH and I are also using it for BC. Opinions on its efficacy are very devided.
-It is said that there is no semen in precum on its own. There could be semen in precum if the man had just masturbated before sex, or has sex for the second time.
-If he urinates before sex, or after masturbation, then the semen is flushed out and killed.
- So we try to not have sex unless DH peed before, if he masturbated etc previously.

Still, it would be interesting to know if women who got pregnant on precum, got pregnant on precum alone, or if their OH's already started ejaculating before pulling out. Coz even if they think it didn't happen inside sometimes it still does... a little

Not yet, hun. AF normally gets me in the late afternoon/evening so although there's no sign yet I'm still dreading the rest of today...

How bout you, hun? x

Wellll, I was going to try to wait until Monday/Tuesday to test again but I just can't help myself (I'm a closet POAS'aholic) and I broke down and tested about 15 min ago and of course, it was a BFN!
I'm so confused! Is it still too early because I'm sure it's not. Now, the rest of the day I'm gonna be pouting LOL. I hope AF comes already so I can get the next month underway!! Although, I'm still hoping, for some ungodly reason, that I just O'ed reallllly late and it will be a BFP! It's not looking to good though... bummmmer!

well from what i've read it seems like some women don't get a BFP sometimes until they are up to a week late. Just wait and see what happens. FX for you xxx

I've heard a lot of women don't get a BFP until a week or so late and with my last pregnancy (which ended in miscarriage) I didn't test positive unitl a week late as well. So, needless to say, it freaks me out a little bit that I'm still getting BFN's.
I definitely don't want to go through another miscarriage. It was horrible! :(

Aww hun, try not to worry, what will be will be. Hopefully what will be will be a BFP! :D

I've got the most immense ache in my upper back now I'm so uncomfortable, so feeling pretty sorry for myself now too! Although it's 6.45 and no AF which is a good sign. Still only the first day it's due though...

What are we like, eh? x

Well, no AF is a good sign! Hopefully she stays away!! Hopefully that ache in your back eases up and you're not so uncomfortable anymore. Do you have any other symptoms so far?
I still have sore nipples and slight cramping and feel nauseous at times. (of course, it could all be in my head as well lol) I was thinking earlier that if I happened to of O'ed late like maybe, Sunday March 21st, (an implantation happened like around 10dpo) it may still be too early for me to test. What do you think?

it's possible! I think i might have O'd late too and if i did then i'm not sure where that leaves me. Do you chart your temps or anything?
My symptoms are sore and sensitive bbs (this normally happens before AF, but had them for 5 days so far and they seem worse this month or it's in my head) seem to have been having a lot of white cm over the past couple of weeks, noticed it more than usual after ovulation. Seem to be very tired this evening fell asleep on the sofa at about half 9 even though i've done nothing all day!
I'm quite suspicious of my symptoms though because they all also point to AF so far... X

The one thing that I usually get about a week before AF are sore BB's and I mean really sore. This month, nothing, just slightly sore/sensitive nipples so I'm not sure if that means anything or not. I hate this waiting game, it drives me insane! lol
I think my symptoms may all be AF-related too, I just can't seem to understand where the witch is??
Keep your head up, Tsujak, it's not over yet! :)

I did a little research on the pull-out method since my DH and I are also using it for BC. Opinions on its efficacy are very devided.
-It is said that there is no semen in precum on its own. There could be semen in precum if the man had just masturbated before sex, or has sex for the second time.
-If he urinates before sex, or after masturbation, then the semen is flushed out and killed.
- So we try to not have sex unless DH peed before, if he masturbated etc previously.

Still, it would be interesting to know if women who got pregnant on precum, got pregnant on precum alone, or if their OH's already started ejaculating before pulling out. Coz even if they think it didn't happen inside sometimes it still does... a little

I have two friends who have used this method with opposite results..

One friend was using the pull out method for over a year and didnt get pregnant till her and her man got married and stopped pulling out..

My other friend had sex ONCE at some party, he pulled out, she got pregnant with twins which she ended up losing months later.

So it CAN happen!

The pull out method is the only bc method I've ever used and I never got pregnant except the one and only time (up to that point in our relationship) my DH finished inside me. After having my DD we returned to the pull out method and have used it for 3 years now and have not gotten pregnant. Now we're trying to conceive so obviously that method went out the window since it was working well at preventing bfps for us.

So, I'm now on cd 33/34 and still no af. I haven't tested today and am refusing to POAS until atleast Monday or Tuesday (I'm trying to resist the urge lol). I'm soooo hoping for a bfp!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->