Pull Out Method??

WackyMumof2

Reaction score
Okay so I had a bit of a naughty romp with the kids father. DS4 must have been 4-5 weeks. Now, he knows I'm not on contraception at the moment as I'm due to have my IUD fitted this Thursday. I did warn him that it could result in another pregnancy and he was like 'oh well we will deal with it'. No contraception (naughty I know) but we used the pull out method. To be fair, I wasn't exactly expecting anything to happen. I haven't had a period since a bit of light bleeding the week after DS4 was born. Not having a period already is unusual for me but I'm also still breastfeeding until the Medical for DS4 has cleared for his formula so the lack of a period could be because of breastfeeding which is a first for me. Now, this is NOT a 'could I be pregnant' post simply because that's not what I'm asking, I don't even remember when we had sex and because I haven't had a period. They will do a test on Thursday before they fit it but I'm so scared it will come back with a positive and have I no idea how to explain that to the kids father because he said 100% you can NOT fall pregnant with pre-cum. Chances are low if the method is used properly but lets face it, it's STILL unprotected sex. I haven't had any noticeable signs of a possible pregnancy but given Jackson is only 7 weeks old, looking for signs is the last thing on my mind. I wouldn't mind another baby with him regardless of us being together or not but I want to give it a few years. I want to have a career, I want to buy a home (want the one I'm in) and I want to enjoy myself first before thinking about it. God, I can't remember the last time I had a beer. Because he and I have separated temporarily while I sort me out, the last thing on my mind was having a one night stand with some random after 11 years with him and having just given birth. My question is, how many of you have fallen pregnant on the pull out method?

We used the pull out method successfully without a single scare for a year and a half. When we decided to TTC we got pregnant on our first month trying (ended in an early miscarriage). We then decided to wait a while to TTC again and did the pull out method successfully for another few months, decided to try for another baby and again got pregnant on our first month trying. Ended in another early MC. Tried again immediately without waiting for a cycle in-between and got pregnant again right away (which turned into our daughter). Then when she was 10 months old we decided to try for another baby and got pregnant again on our first month trying (which turned into our son). So I guess the moral of my story is that the pull out method worked well for us even though we are obviously extremely fertile!

DH and I used the pull out method successfully for the first 3 years until we decided to try for our first. Then we prevented future pregnancies until we were ready using the same method. While I know it’s technically unprotected, it worked for us.

My ex-husband and I successfully used the pull out method throughout the entirety of our 10 year marriage. We only conceived when we actively tried.

On the other hand, my sister is currently 3 months pregnant after relying on the pull out method for the 6 months after having her first child. Her babies will be 15 months apart in age now.

My ex-husband and I successfully used the pull out method throughout the entirety of our 10 year marriage. We only conceived when we actively tried.

On the other hand, my sister is currently 3 months pregnant after relying on the pull out method for the 6 months after having her first child. Her babies will be 15 months apart in age now.

It's not all bad. :) Alexander and Jackson are only 16 months apart but we planned to give Alexander a sibling close in age so I came off BC when he was 6 months old. I fell pregnant without a period which was a shock - it took 6 months of trying for DS2 when I gave up, went back on BC and fell pregnant. Go figure. :dohh:

Thank you ladies. That does make me feel better. :hugs:

So my IUD was fitted today and it actually didn't worry me. Doctor said it might hurt a little bit but because I've done 3 babies without pain relief a little pressure didn't worry me. What did concern me is that I read in the leaflet they gave me that a pregnancy test would be done if I'd had sex prior to the IUD being fit and she didn't. I admitted that we had unprotected sex and used the pull out method and even though I'm breastfeeding and have yet to have a period and that not having one already for me was unusual. I did have a tiny bit of spotting last night but nothing more after that. While I'm pretty sure I'm not pregnant and she didn't mention anything that indicated I could be during the procedure (I imagine she would have seen signs while up in there), I feel slightly un-nerved at this. I want to do a test for my own peace of mind but would the copper in the IUD just give a negative anyhow? If that be the case I may as well not even bother wasting the money. :haha:

I got pregnant 3 times via the pull out method unfortunately all ending in miscarriage. You can definitely get pregnant as men secrete something before the ejaculate can’t remember what it’s called.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->