Pull Out?? NTNP

Ilovebeingmom

Mother Of 2 TWW
Reaction score
Hi there ladies I am 2 days new to this site. I have two children 15 months apart from the pull out method. I would like to think my husband was on bored with that and Im not sure how accurate he was trying to be with that. But I have decided I want more after 2 years saying I was done. This is my first cycle I have ever payed attention to when I might be Ovulating by an app on my phone. We are NTNP right now using the pull out method and I made sure to have sex starting 5 days before my phone said I was ovulation but Im not sure how to tell when it came. Yesterday I cramped pretty much all day period type cramps, had a headache and a noticeable about of whiteish discharge (tmi) and today almost the same yesterday was suppose to be my ovulation day but my cycle has never been the same every month. Do these sounds like Ovulation symptoms or could I be preggers??

And someone PLEASE where do I find a list of the acronyms??

Sounds as if u did indeed ovulate. I usually go by the cramps i get on one side and clear discharge i get in the middle of my cycle. I also found a website that helped me with preg. acronyms.....

https://www.babymed.com/pregnancy-fertility-abbreviations-acronyms

I am really curious about the Ovulation cramping. I am wondering, how could you possibly decipher between regular tummy cramps vs. an ovulation cramp? I'm not sure if I've ever gotten this but truly I wonder. I would just assume I've got gas cramps or some thing weird lol.

I've found I can only tell the difference between cramps at what part of the cycle I'm at. I was curled over the other night in the fetal position because I was cramping that bad. I'm still waiting to ov - so I'm putting it down to that. Good luck x

You say your cycle is never the same each month. How much of a difference is there? Days? Weeks? If it's just a couple of days, your phone *may* be able to predict when ovulation will occur. If it's more than 5 days difference month to month, you could be missing your ovulation completely! Especially combined with the fact that you may not have the "average" 14 day luteal phase (time from ovulation until AF shows) Your body doesn't know what day your phone is predicting, lol.

I would say take the different length in your cycles and add at least that many days to either side of when your phone says you are fertile. Even then, this really only works if you have a 14 day luteal phase.

Your body doesn't know what day your phone is predicting, lol.

Here here. I have an app too & I think it's very useful for recording things (symptoms, ovulation dates, pregnancy test results etc) but I wouldn't rely on it for your ovulation dates unless your cycle is like clockwork. Have you tried the ovulation predictor kits? I swear by them. I recommend using them & having fun with your OH & it'll happen for you :) Good luck! :thumbup:

How irregular are your cycles? Sounds like ovulation to me!

I'm curious since you got pregnant twice with the pull out method. My cycles are EXTREMELY irregular (we're talking 41 - 56 day cycles, so I may not even ovulate regularly). My doc seems to think it's fine :wacko:

We typically pull out, occasionally not, and I've never gotten pregnant, but we are getting closer to wanting to try, and I'm worried that I will have problems getting pregnant.

4-5 days ago I had a few sharp ovary pains, and have been nauseous, dizzy, cloudy urine (not a pregnancy symptom, I know), headache, food adversions (due to nausea I think)... kind of hoping for no AF and a BFP, but am sure it's just a virus, ovulation, or all in my head. ... we'd be so happy even though we're not ttc.

And someone PLEASE where do I find a list of the acronyms??

Hi there, I know I'm a bit late to the party, but this is Baby&Bump's own acronyms list which I find dead useful either for finding what you're looking for or asking a question

https://www.babyandbump.com/forum-help-testing-area/730-babyandbump-lingo-abbreviations.html

I'm curious since you got pregnant twice with the pull out method. My cycles are EXTREMELY irregular (we're talking 41 - 56 day cycles, so I may not even ovulate regularly). My doc seems to think it's fine :wacko:

We typically pull out, occasionally not, and I've never gotten pregnant, but we are getting closer to wanting to try, and I'm worried that I will have problems getting pregnant.

4-5 days ago I had a few sharp ovary pains, and have been nauseous, dizzy, cloudy urine (not a pregnancy symptom, I know), headache, food adversions (due to nausea I think)... kind of hoping for no AF and a BFP, but am sure it's just a virus, ovulation, or all in my head. ... we'd be so happy even though we're not ttc.

Good luck! Sounds hopeful! I have had weird boobs since (I think) I ovulated, which I don't often get as a PMT symptom... I'm trying not to think too much about it though as, like you, I know I'd be thrilled esp because I too worry that I may have problems, but at the same time we're not quite ready.

Clear as mud, eh?:dohh:

Very clear! So at this point have you gotten a BFP or BFN? Just checking in. Still a BFN for me but no AF either. Ugh.

I have extremely irregular cycles too. This year I've had 2 periods and the last one was in the spring.....
Unfortunately without insurance I can't get checked out, and I worry also about getting pregnant.
Anyway all that to say I know how you feel! Hope you get a BFP soon. :)

Thanks! I don't know if Cicp, dr. care, or clinics for uninsured or unemployeed exist in your area, but it might be something to look into. I dont know a lot about any of these programs but have used them in the past.

Then again, my dr tells me that the irregularity is nothing to worry about after I tested neg. for PCOS. Not helpful!

I think AF is showing herself... Tiny drop of spotting tonight.

God bless and good night!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"