Pulling themselves to stand up.

S

Serene123

Caitlyn is doing it all the time now and .. well .. do I let her pull herself up on things even if she's going to fall back and hurt herself? :dohh: What do you let them pull themselves up on? I don't want her to hurt herself but I want her to learn........

I think as long as you are watching her and ready to catch her should she fall, and theres not a very obvious hazard like glass coffee tables etc, then she should be fine.
My friends daughter has been pulling herself up on EVERYTHING. And sometimes she does fall back, but mummy's always there to catch her.

x

Yes i would say the same..not a mummy yet but i have little cousins and i would say as long as there's nothing there that's going to seriously hurt her but maybe just shock her a little to be cautious?

x

charlie pulls himself up on alot of things now as long as you keep your eye on her and theres nothing sharp or dangerous she could fall and bang he head on im sure shel be fine, charlies bumped his head lots of times since hes been crawling i think its one of those things that cant be helped expecially if there as active as charlie is he wont keep still lol xx

i put pillows around all the dodgy looking corners and if he starts pulling himself up i let him then just wait behind him incase im needed x hes bumped his head loads this last week :dohh:

We have a stool that Connor used when he was first learning to stand and it worked out well because he didn't have a long way to fall.

I was always behind Carly or made sure it was well padded around where i think that she would be pulling herself up around.
Caitlyn is such a smart little one isnt she! I think Ella may be the laziest baby i know! :lol:

Yup like the others said just be there to catch her and all should be fine ! cant belive how fast shes growing hun :)

You can't prevent every fall hun, god if you could I'd be a really bad mother, Jasmine has been pulling herself up since 6months old and I was devastated everytime she fell, but after two minutes of cries and cuddles she would be back doing it. Don't worry hon *hugs*

wow such a proper smart little one you have Tor!! She's doing marvelous for a 6 month old. Sorry I have no advice Angelynn isn't doing this yet. But as long as you're there to supervise let her climb away :)

Well, she hurt herself. Fell sideways instead of backwards and BANG :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Serenity123
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->