Pump recommendations and double pump advice?

cherrylips100

Reaction score
Hi, sorry I'm sure this gets asked a LOT but...I'm expecting twins later this year and would really like to breastfeed them. From looking on here I can see that a pump would be very useful at building a supply etc,so ladies what pump would you recommend? and have any of you used a double pump? and lastly, where can I get hold of one that isn't £££? is ebay a good idea?

Thank you!

Hi, I have been pumping for 11 months and very highly recommend the medela pump in style advanced. It has worked wonderfully for ds and I. I started pumping because he was a sleepy breast feeder and I was afraid my supply would tank. The pump really helped establish my supply in the beginning. I did both breastfeeding and pumping till ds was six months, and since then I have been exclusively pumping. I love my pump and have had no trouble with it.

I have a medela symphony (hospital grade). I highly recommend it! You can either rent one o buy a used one on eBay. It's expensive but I chose to buy because
1. Rental for a year equaled the cost of buying used
2. High resale value
3. I plan to have more kids
4. Formula costs more

I just started breastfeeding and have pumped a few times. I use the "Medela In-Style On the Go" double electric pump. I bought my pump used from someone. But I did purchase new tubing & accessories. Works great! Also... if you don't want to spend money on a "hands free bra" I recommend cutting 2 little holes in a sports bra or tank.

Thanks for the advice and congrats on your new baby Haack

I second the medela symphony. I have rented one and its very effective. I can empty both breasts with it in less than ten minutes.

Try this trick if you want to pump hands free without cutting up a bra: https://kellymom.com/bf/pumpingmoms/pumping/hands-free-pumping/

medela symphony is amazing, it emulates the letdown and the actual sucking, so you get tons of milk. I used several with my first daughter and ended up staying with an old hospital grade pump but now that I tried symphony I can't seem to let go of it even though LO is exclusively breastfed for now.

I'm looking at getting an Ameda double electric pump as its a closed system. Amazon sell them for £86 :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vz99vet
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->