• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Pumped breast milk - storing in change bag

knk2011

Reuben's Mummy :)
Reaction score
If I were to go out into town for say a few hours. How would I store my breast milk in the bag? Would it be ok to take it from the fridge and leave it in the bag? And then use it when he is hungry? Surely by then the chill would have come off the milk

Apparently it can sit at room temperature for 4-8 hours before getting used but the ideal time is 3-4 hours. You will definitely be fine if you're only going into town for a few hours.

I've found the Kellymom website to be quite helpful.

Here's a link to the milk storage bit :
https://kellymom.com/bf/pumpingmoms/milkstorage/milkstorage/

Now that I finally produce enough to give my boy full feeds I store the milk I express in a breastmilk storage bag in the fridge. Then when I go out, I put the bag into one of those insulated bottle covers to keep it cool, it stays chilled for around 6 hours in there. Then I just pour the amount I need into a bottle whenever he needs feeding. I also carry a bowl and flask of hot water to heat the bottle up as he only likes warm milk! Most cafes/restaurants and even some shops will heat a bottle up for you though if you dont want to carry big flask around .

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->