Pumping at missed feeds

Pielette

Mum to little men
Reaction score
Hi ladies, just a quick question. I want to go back to the gym this week and on Saturdays I go spinning and training afterwards. DH is happy to have the boys if I leave enough expressed milk which is fine.

However, do I need to pump for each missed feed? I'll be out for about three and a half hours and Milo usually has a feed at 9am ish and 11am ish. So do I need to pump for both feeds or will my supply be ok? I can pump when I get back at about 11.45am, but I don't know what I would do for the 9am one.

My supply is completely regulated now, my LO is 9 weeks old.

You can do whatever is physically comfortable for you and whatever gets you enough milk. Your body will adjust just fine to whatever you do.

How many missed feeds can you not pump and still keep up supply?

I'd just pump when you get home but I'd pump for a long time and try to get as much milk as your get in both feedings.

I doubt that a single day of skipping a pump session would bother your supply, but I would probably feed/pump right before you leave to go out, and then pump when you get home for sure.

How many missed feeds can you not pump and still keep up supply?

It's not really an exact science kind of thing. If you can pump enough for your baby, you're keeping up the supply and demand, even if the schedule is different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vz99vet
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->