Pumping - Slow let down all of the sudden?

Wugz22

Reaction score
I've been pumping since I've been back to work for 2 weeks without any problems. But since yesterday, my right boob takes FOREVER to have a let down! I went from being able to drain my milk in 20 minutes to now going on 45! I don't have this kind of time to pump at work… how can I get my let-down back to normal?! Thanks!

Have you tried switching the pumps so you're using the left on your right and vice versa? I would try that and see if maybe the machine is messed up. Or are you using a hand pump? Hand pumps aren't great for long term use as they don't usually get the full amount of milk out that they should and that can affect your supply. Also, just stressing in general can affect it. When you're doing it at work, are you in a comfortable place where you're able to focus on the idea of your baby? It's best to not have too many distractions around when pumping and it usually helps to bring on a let down if you're watching a video of your LO and really focused on the idea and sensation of breastfeeding.

Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->