Puree food is making LO sick - Please help

hayleyjhay

Mum to baby Noah
Reaction score
Hi All

I have started my LO on purees a few weeks ago on the HV advice, all seemed to be going ok. We started slow and did everything by the book.

Now he will eat fruit purees and porridge no problem but as soon as it comes to anything savoury he starts gagging. He has previously eaten some savoury food.
He retches when it is put into his mouth and several times he has made himself sick trying to get it out. Even his last bottle has come up a couple of times. It really scares me because he is gagging so much and goes bright red.

I have tried various different foods, home made and jars, hot and cold and now I am too scared to try him with anything in case it makes him sick.

Please any suggestions would be helpful.

I don't have any suggestions except to say that my LO goes through phases where she point blank refuses to eat savoury and will spit it all back out. Then a few days later she's fine with it again :wacko: Hopefully it's just a phase :hugs:

Hey hon,

Agree with Lu - for eg, Lindsey suddenly went off squash and she loved it a week ago?! :shrug: apparently its common. I know its scary but just keep trying (my HV recommends 3 days off b4 trying again), or mix savoury and sweet to see if it goes down any better... I'm still experimenting myself so I'm no expert for sure!
Good luck hon :hugs:

Don't panic! He won't be a fussy eater or anything. His taste buds are just having this whole new explosion of input and he will like something one day, hate it the next.

Either, just try something else or mix it with some baby rice or a different flavour.

DS1 used to vomit spectacularly with broccoli, but he eats it fine now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->