Purees, when?

BurtonBaby

Reaction score
I'm kinda curious about when you all started giving your LO's puree's? Like as opposed to when you had started giving them cereals. What kind of schedule did you use, if one at all? I have a schedule from my pediatrician but we started trying to give her rice right now so I'm not sure if we need to wait until their recommended 6 months.

Also when you started giving your LO rice cereal, did they kinda have a hard time with it? I've tried to give Erica rice 3 times (1 tbs cereal powder, 3-4 tbs water) and she kinda has a hard time with it. Should we wait a few more weeks? We're only spoon feeding her, since that is what our ped recommends. Thanks ladies!

I'm starting Josh on some fruits puree this weekend. I'm gonna give him 2-3 tbsp in the morning in addition to his 7-8 tbs of cereal at night.

I started Colton on fruits about 4 days after his first rice cereal. It will take them a few times with the spoon. Be persistant and just keep wiping their chins :lol: hehe. I think it took Colton maybe 5-7 days before he perfected the swallowing off the spoon.
But after rice, try fruit purees.. you just have to give each one, seperately, for 3-5 days to make sure there is no allergic reaction. Then you can move on to veggies after she has mastered those :)

Oh, and Colton had his first cereal at 9wks. He had it at night before bed.
Then for the first month he had puree as his second meal (which was usually 8-9am) and then cereal before bed.
Now I am starting to switch him and I do his cereal as the second meal, and his puree around dinner time (4-5pm)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->