Purple Dilation Line

krulci

Reaction score
Has anyone heard about this? I read about it a few days ago (a purple line creeps up the natal cleft as you dilate - the percentage covered translates to how far dilated you are) and had DH check it out. :haha: Super romantic. ;) Mine totally covered half the cleft! Then when I went to my MW appt the next day, she confirmed I was dilated to 5cm!!

Kind of hard not to get obsessive when it's completely risk free and super easy to check... Thought I'd share my addiction, lol! Anything to pass the time, right?

Yep I heard and done a little research on it. I really wish I could have gotten a midwife. But we were able to get a doula

I had a doula with our first and loved it! She was a huge help, especially where the OB doesn't come in until push time. I'm sure you'll have no regrets either!

How fascinating! ...I am only 30 weeks, so hoping I still have a while to go before labour. But will definitely keep this in mind. Not to get too graphic, but- Where does the line start? And I'm which direction does it extend into as it grows?

Wishing you a super smooth labour :)

Yes our Doula is a blessing to us. I'm ready to get the party started lol

I've read about this :D pretty clever eh!

Surprisebub - I hope your line doesn't show up for a few weeks, still! But it starts at the rectum and goes up from there. Here's the article I first saw it in: https://birthwithoutfearblog.com/20...f-checking-dilation-the-purple-line-and-more/

Interesting! Now to work out how to check this myself!x

Wow this is so interesting. I'm so going to check out my butt in the mirror :rofl:

Mummy to be - I think you should take a photo of you attempting this!

Xx

^^ so do I!!
Lol. I am very swollen down there so I am going to get dh to check this out when the girls are sleeping xx

I already checked my butt in the mirror.. Hahaha! I definitely have a line! I was 2cm at my appt Monday - but the line seems to be halfway up so I wonder if I've dilated more!
I sure hope so, I'm miserable.

Dh said I don't have a purple line xx

I'm just preparing myself to move my fat ass off the sofa then I will go and check
Lol x

Actually going to go check next time I go upstairs, ahahahahaaaa

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"