Push present??

Push present' sounds to me like you're doing someone a favour to grow your baby and push your baby out- so you need a 'gift' for all the work you've been through. To me, if you choose to be pregnant and have your own baby you don't 'need' a present for doing it. Having your LO is a gift in itself.

I didn't know about a "push present", until my mother told my DH about it. She was just trying to make sure he didn't forget to do something thoughtful for me during the upcoming excitement.

I'm not opposed to the idea of a formalized "push present" (though not a huge fan of the terminology). Some guys just wouldn't think to do something so thoughtful without a little nudge. There are so many other things going on!

As soon as he told me about their conversation and hinted at something shiny- I brought the hammer down! "I don't want jewelry! I want a roomba robot vacuum!" Lol! I know you aren't supposed to ever give your lady cleaning supplies as a gift... But, we have 2 dogs and 2 cats, with hardwood floors and throws throughout. Wearing something shiny vs clean floors with new baby?? I'll take the floors -TY!

Ha! Unsolicited cleaning supplies are bad, but I'm totally behind requesting them. We have 2 of each, too, and we're thinking hard about Roombas ;) He can bedazzle the Roomba if he wants shiny!

OMG guys, BUY THE ROOMBA!!!
It's amazing! We put it on about an hour before we come home from work, come home and the house looks like a cleaning lady just left! You won't be sorry. DH got it for himself as his birthday present LOL!

DH and I talked about it and we'll just be getting a silver candlestick for her birth.
Since we're Jewish and lighting candles is a tradition, I think it'll be nice if the money goes to that instead of jewelry for me.
I have a feeling I'll be getting something anyways!

We got a roomba after dd was born. It saved the hoovering (which I hate doing) and OH works away most of the time so he doesn't do it much)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->