Putting my big girl panties on..

babyvaughan

<a href="https://lilypie.c
Reaction score
I have been TTC for 3 years, I just recently had surgery to correct what is thought to have been my issue all along. I was excited to see if I pregnant just 2 weeks after my operation. I did get a positive test but it was only a chemical.

My brother-law's girlfriend tried to get pregnant a year ago and became pregnant right away. They were up and down so she got an abortion. I was pretty angry with her but forgave her when a year later they tried to get pregnant again. They were not dating at this time but began dating right after they dont out. They did purposely get pregnant which I was happy for them but upset at the same time because I had been trying for so long in a committed relationship and couldn't conceive. She is now 8 months pregnant and we are close now. I thought of throwing her a baby shower but didn't know if I could do it because I was being selfish and was afraid of being sad that I may never have a shower of my own.

After lots of thinking I decided to throw her one, I have bought lots of cute decor and prizes and I'm throwing it this Saturday. My period just so happen is to come a few days after so my hormones are already going crazy. I'm super happy to be doing this for her, its taken a lot of courage and leaving my selfishness out the door. I'm happy to an Aunty, I still wish I was pregnant but I have got to experience finding out the sex of there baby with her and feeling him kick.

Any of you experienced this?

I sort of have experience with this. My sister and her husband were on the brink of divorce when I found out I was pregnant. She then announced on the same day I did that she was pregnant too (thus stealing all my thunder). I lost my baby a few weeks later and when I told everyone I had miscarried she chose the same day to tell everyone she is due the same day I would have been.

I think you are a very brave and selfless person to be doing this for her, a lot of people wouldn't be able to face it and you should give yourself a huge pat on the back for that :flow:

I threw one of my friends a babyshower when I was broody (before DS2) and I was a little jealous, but it was about her and we all had a nice time. I had already had my first child by then though so it's totally different.

Thanks ladies, it really took a lot of out of me. There is still a small amount of jealously but it doesn't take from my excitement for them. Good news for me my levels came back and I ovulated this month woohoo!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->