puzzled??

kelly86

Reaction score
hi
i no i might sounda bit thick here since ive already had one baby but me and oh are thinkin of trying for no 2 and i was trying to work out my cycle but im a bit thick im currently on the pill which ends thisa week its 21 days but then i get af within a week of my pill finishing so does that mean i have a 28 day cycle ??? im a but confused lol

You count your cycle length from day 1 of your period to day 1 of the next period. So, when I start my period that is day 1. If my next period comes on day 30, I have a 29 day cycle (because period starts the next day 1).

hope that helps

What were your cycles like PRIOR to the pill?
within the first month off (up to 3ish months) your cycles will return to normal. Normal is considered what your cycles were before going on BCPs.

Hi Kelly,
At the moment, due to being on BCP, you prob do have a 28 day cycle. However the Pill suppresses ovulation so the periods you are getting at the moment are not "real" periods. Once you come off the Pill you'll prob get a withdrawal bleed and then it's really just a waiting game as to see when you'l ovulate. Some people have their cycles return to normal straight away and, for others, it can take a bit longer. Once you have a few normal periods off the pill you should to see a pattern which will then give you a better indication as to how long your cycles are. Hope that makes sense!

Did you have 28 day cycles before going on BCP??

Withdrawal bleed only happens if you stop taking the pill in the middle of a cycle. If you wait to stop taking it (like how you take the placebo pill during the week of your period) you will not get withrdrawal bleeding. That period will basically be like all of the other periods you had while taking BCPs (because its not like the pill knows you plan on going off of it). Then, hopefully, you will Ov and then get your period at some point in time (though your cycle may need time to get back to normal).
For instance, i went off BCP in August. I ov. on CD 20, got pregnant that cycle (sadly MCed in October). The month after the MC but before TTC again, i temped and I ov. on CD 19, had a 30 day cycle though. Then this month (my nov. cycle), I ov. on CD 18 and am in the 2WW. So it looks like my cycle is still getting back to normal (now its Dec.). But i dont know when i ov. before the pill because i didn't know about all of this stuff then. Good Luck

My understanding was that the bleed one experiences on the pill (after taking it for 21 days) is always a withdrawal bleed (withdrawal from all the hormones which were being pumped into system)...as opposed to "real period" as ovulation is suppressed while taking pill. I stand corrected though Guppy!!:haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->