Q For Those Expecting! Feeding - Breast Or Bottle

Wobbles

BnB Co-Founder ~ Retired
Reaction score
For those pregnant now will you breast or bottle feed?

Was just wondering :D

Open poll

x

i put breast, but if i dont get on with it then i will express and feed with a bottle, if i dont get on with that then i will use fomluar.

Charlie Ethan and Coby were all fed on Farleys and they did really well from it

x

I don't know if I am wrong for my thoughts ...

I have thought about it loads & if the MWs etc hassle me I will be blunt .. have to be :wacko:

But they say bf is good for Mum an baby to bond but I don't like the sound of that ... ok yes I want to bond with my child but Dad can't bf baby so what does he do? Thing is me OH both work from home & will equally be involved so tbh selfishly maybe (sorry) I don't want the child 100% dependant on me I'd like it to be us both. Maybe I have it all wrong & sorry if nobody agrees but thats how I feel :blush:

Also my life style ... now ok I'm going to be a Mummy no getting pissed every weekend & being able to crawl into bed but I do like to wind down & have a drink so for my life style I like (not a drunk hmmm sometimes lol) I have decided that too. Admit selfish reasons there but also sensible in its own way.

an the horror stories have scared me too :rofl:

I put breast as ive decided to give it a proper go this time, last time i didnt as i just didnt feel right and i kind of wanted my body back to myself! selfish i know !!
Im gonna give it a go this time but if i dont like like it then i'll just switch to bottle, i wont feel bad about it as theres too much pressure around for mums to breast feed and if they dont succeed they feel like they've failed, which they havent!

i am with you on the dad bit, Jase did feeds, bum changes, baths etc, he really got stuck in, and we even took it in turns to do night feeds, thats teh best thing about the bottle, so i compleltey understand that,

If i am to be REALLY honest, the main reason why i want to really give breast feeding ago this time is coz i know it can help to lose weight, that with this being my last baby, i just want to try it, experiance the feelings and lose weight at teh same time lol

I think the bond thing is crap, you can bond just as well with your baby if they are bottle fed, im all for bottle feeding, and i hate it when people put presure on you to breast feed.

x

I don't know if I am wrong for my thoughts ...

I have thought about it loads & if the MWs etc hassle me I will be blunt .. have to be :wacko:

But they say bf is good for Mum an baby to bond but I don't like the sound of that ... ok yes I want to bond with my child but Dad can't bf baby so what does he do? Thing is me OH both work from home & will equally be involved so tbh selfishly maybe (sorry) I don't want the child 100% dependant on me I'd like it to be us both. Maybe I have it all wrong & sorry if nobody agrees but thats how I feel :blush:

Also my life style ... now ok I'm going to be a Mummy no getting pissed every weekend & being able to crawl into bed but I do like to wind down & have a drink so for my life style I like (not a drunk hmmm sometimes lol) I have decided that too. Admit selfish reasons there but also sensible in its own way.

an the horror stories have scared me too :rofl:

Im goin to give breast feeding a try this time, with Kai i never even thought about it, i have no reason other than wanting to try it, i will try my best but if i cant do it for what ever reason i shall bottle feed! i know they say breast is best but Kai was bottle fed and he is perfectly fine!

Sorry if my reasons offend anyone breast feeding ... May sound wrong me saying about the bonding. It was just my thoughts and with us both being at home it kind of made sense.

I know so afr nobody is offended but thought I'd say it anyway :blush: Its just my reasons thats all & more selfish ... like the night feeding lol

:hugs: U havent offended me hun, with DH working shifts and he does 2 weeks of working nights so he wont be doin night feeds anyway! With Kai he was in a diff job an im glad i bottle fed cos we both took it in turns but its totally diff this time!
xx

I felt terrible when bf'ing never worked for me and Rebecca-believe me I tried. But tried to the extent that I dreaded every feed and that it was that sore I would be feeding her but crying at the same time in agony.

I am planning on TRYING it this time, but if it doesnt work, it doesn't work!

Its whatever works for you and the baby!

sorry I will get off my soap box!:rofl:

I will breastfeed again, am more aware of what support is out there and I really have enjoyed feeding Seren.

Wobbles I am not offended by your post but I just wanted to add that my OH has just a strong a bond with Seren as me, and helped look after her. As I was the feeding parent, he had bathtime as his time, plus he also took Seren out in the buggy to give me some time on my own, walked round with her, played with her etc. In fact Seren hates it when I bath her as I am not as much fun (don't splash her back). Seren is a complete daddy's girl, absolutely adores him so dads can bond just as well even if baby is breastfed :)

breast feeding will be easier for me as holding a bottle will be difficult with my gammy hands...as well as all the other reasons

I am a 100 percent boobie mama, no formula in the house for me.

I'm hoping to breastfeed again, it was hard work at the beginning as I wasn't doing it properly but when it settled down I was glad I'd stuck at it.

No offence taken Wobbles, bringing up your baby is a very personal thing and we all have our views and reasons for different aspects of it. Regarding DH bonding with Olivia, she used to love falling asleep on his chest, they had baths together, he would take her to settle after I fed her etc. They are really close.

Sometimes I did worry about how milk she was getting or wondered if formula would help her sleep longer etc but the possible health and nutritional benefits of bfing meant more to me.

Oh no Wobbles why do you feel bad? You have no reason to?

During pregnancy, during birth and during parenthood there's so many decisions to make - only you (and your partner) can decide what is best for you and your reasons for doing that. You'll do just great if you believe in yourself and trust why you are doing something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->