Q re Tots Bots Organic Cotton

bjl1981

Reaction score
I have used bamboozles since LO was a month old, and when he moved up to size 2's I only had 10, so went on ebay and found a tots bots factory shop. I thought I'd bid on rainbow bamboozles, but it turned out they were organic cotton.
ANYWAY: I've noticed that they smell really badly. I've never had this with the bamboozles, but when they're left in nappy bucket they stink it out, and today I left nappy on LO for little longer than normal, and when I took it off it STUNK and LO had a rash. The smell is of really strong ammonia (like someone is bleaching there hair!), and I'm sure I only get it when using these.
Could it be because of warm weather his wee is more concentrated, or since weaning its got different?

I don't know, but wondered if anyone else has had this problem, because its really bothering me.

I would say its the heat hun, i use tots bots cotton and bamboozles and havent noticed a difference between the 2 smell wise? But lately with the weather his wee is defo stronger in smell :(

I agree withthe weather.. As it's hotter wee tends to be more concentrated, hence more smell and rashes! I found giving loads and loads of water helped a little! But I'm having to change wrap at least every other change cos of the smell!

Yep I have this problem and dont use tots bots, just offer him plenty of water

I have had some extremely stinky freshly wet nappies this week, have also concluded it's the weather making his wee super strong. I almost choked the first time, very strange because normally his wet nappies smell of nothing till they've been in the pail 2-3 days.

My bad nappies were Close Parent bamboo and a Little Lamb bamboo. I was unsure if it was because they need stripping, so am playing it safe and doing the lot over the next few days.

thanks ladies. I almost choked on one the ammonia was so strong. I'll have to make sure he's not getting dehydrated. It does seem to be worse in certain nappies though! no idea why. Perhaps (maybe I'm making this up though!) its because bamboo has antibacterial qualities?!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->