Queen Marys & Bridge Centre?

rachelle1975

And then there were 3!!
Reaction score
Hey guys

Anyone heard of or had treatment at Queen Mary's Roehampton or The Bridge Centre?

Just had mini panic - went on to HFEA website to look up our treatment centre and it said that it didn't offer ICSI or IVF..... can you imagine how much of a cow i had! dozy tart!:rofl:

The woman was chuckling at me being a loon i told her she was probably used to hysterical females ringing up panicking!

Anyway, they do the bits there but the embryologist bit is done at The Bridge Centre in London.

I have had a look at the stats but don't really understand the. Does anyone else??

https://www.thebridgecentre.co.uk/update2.htm

Ta :hug:

The results are based on female age. So for a woman under 35, she has just over 40% chance of pregnancy with each cycle started and just over 44% chance of pregnancy after embryo transfer. Basically, the difference is due to some women not responding to drugs well enough to get to egg collection then embryo transfer, or embryos not developing after eggs are mixed with swimmers. The older the woman the less chance there is of reaching pregnancy.

Those results are probably a little higher than average. I haven't checked the HFEA site in a while so don't know if they're all up to date. Last time I checked the most recent results were for 2006.

Does that make any sense at all?

Hey maz

Totally makes sense thanks! They have the 2007 results up - they said they are using the pregnancy rates rather than live birth as they can update these sooner - they record them after the heartbeat so that is good!

Bridge Centre is private so everything bar the embryologist is done at Queen Mary's - not sure if the results would be lower but they have no results for IVF or ICSI on their website since they farm it out?!?!

I'm just so stoked that we will hear back next week. I know it's gonna be along hard slog but at least i'll have a better idea what to expect sooner rather than later! And i might go to Bridge Centre if the NHS wait is too long!!!!!

QQ - say i produce 20 eggs and 14 fertilise, they implant 2 so i have 12 for freezing. The first cycle fails and i have paid £4.5 - how much does it cost for the implantation of the frozen embies? Is it another 4.5k?? :hugs:

Hey maz

Totally makes sense thanks! They have the 2007 results up - they said they are using the pregnancy rates rather than live birth as they can update these sooner - they record them after the heartbeat so that is good!

Bridge Centre is private so everything bar the embryologist is done at Queen Mary's - not sure if the results would be lower but they have no results for IVF or ICSI on their website since they farm it out?!?!

I'm just so stoked that we will hear back next week. I know it's gonna be along hard slog but at least i'll have a better idea what to expect sooner rather than later! And i might go to Bridge Centre if the NHS wait is too long!!!!!

QQ - say i produce 20 eggs and 14 fertilise, they implant 2 so i have 12 for freezing. The first cycle fails and i have paid £4.5 - how much does it cost for the implantation of the frozen embies? Is it another 4.5k?? :hugs:

What my clinic told me at my last appointment was that they aim to have approx 14 eggs - more than that can be dangerous due to OHSS. If they collect enough eggs they will then freeze approx half the eggs and fertilise the rest. They put the best two embryos back and if there are any very good quality embryos left they will freeze them. They only freeze grade 1 embryos, as poorer quality ones probably won't survive the thawing process. If they put back frozen embryos the cost is a lot less - approx £1000 at my clinic. I'm hoping I have enough grade 1 embryos so we can freeze some, but if needs be we'd do the whole lot again. I hope to find out more next week...

:hug:

Fingers and toes crossed for you Maz!:hugs:

Always good to have a rough idea of how much these children of mine are going to cost before i even give birth!! I thought kids didn't get expensive until their teenage years!! :rofl:

If only they didn't cost money until their teenage years - at least you can kick them out on the paper round then so they can pay their own way!!

:rofl:

and if they are cute and not mingers you could always do baby modelling!! a couple of pampers adverts and you would be quids in!! :rofl:

haha - i'm sure all bnb babies will be cute and if not i'm sure i'll find brown paper bags from somewhere!!

heehee - just thought. I could get DH to take me to New York and I can go to bloomingdales and get a small brown bag for when they're young, and as they grow up i could use a medium brown bag and then a large one...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->