Question about 15+ week ultrasound.. can my baby be a boy?? UPDATE on page two!!!!

MagicalLeigh

Shanda - ttc #4
Reaction score
At 13 weeks I had a scan ... by my sister's mother in law who has been a radiologist for over 18 years. She is very good at determining gender on young babies. Anyway, she is pretty certain (as certain as you can be at 13 weeks) that baby is a girl. We not only saw NO nub present (not even a little hint of a penis), but she says she could see three little lines. We didn't get a good picture of the gender cause baby super active. She did get a good look a couple of times though. Anyway, so tomorrow I will be 15+3 weeks (baby has been measuring about 2-4 days larger) and I will be getting a 3D scan by the same lady. Do you think its possible that the baby could be a boy? What are the chances that at 13 weeks there was no nub, but at 15 weeks there is? I am not expecting to be 100% sure on the gender.. since 15 weeks is still very young. But I'm so excited to see baby again!!! Thanks girls :thumbup:

I'm not 100% sure hun. 13 weeks does seem very very early to tell the gender. But if she's been a sonographer for 18 yrs...she probably knows what shes talking about. That being said...you will have a much more clear idea at your nxt ultrasound. Are you hoping for a boy?

Jen, I really don't care either way! I'd love another girl or I'd love having a boy. I just have the urge to go shopping lol. I will give you an update tomorrow after the scan.

13 weeks is a little early, but you never know,Ive seen dandelions grow 8 inches overnight in my lawn,lol. You will for sure know at 15 weeks! My Private gender scan is at 15 weeks and 3 days and Im guaranteed to find out. Good Luck.Im hoping you get a boy this time MaMa.I will be waiting on the edge of my seat for your update.

13 weeks is a little early, but you never know,Ive seen dandelions grow 8 inches overnight in my lawn,lol. You will for sure know at 15 weeks! My Private gender scan is at 15 weeks and 3 days and Im guaranteed to find out. Good Luck.Im hoping you get a boy this time MaMa.I will be waiting on the edge of my seat for your update.

Yay that give me some encouragement! Thanks! My appointment is tomorrow (friday) and noon mountain time. I will update asap.

13 weeks is still early and enough time for baby to grow his willy :haha:
But tomorrow you should know if baby is good. I found out he was a boy at 15+6

I found out at 15 weeks and 6 days. I'd say 15 weeks is a lot more reliable than 13. 13 seems a little too early to me. But, you never know. And when I posted my 12 week scan, the nub guesses did mainly all say boy. Good luck :D

I found out boy at 15 weeks 6 days..... Good Luck tomorrow!!!

If it's in 3d, there will be no mistaking the sex!! We had 3d gender scan with DD and she was CLEARLY a girl! Lol

Let us know how u get on x

Im 13 weeks and i was told by the hospital ultrasound tech it was very clearly a boy. but ill find out for sure in a few weeks but he evern looks like a boy to me

well if it helps there was no sign of a nub at my 12wk scan either and the sonographer told me that does not automatically mean its a girl but it can do so basically she had no clue lol so its 50/50 so yeah it could easily be a boy and he would most likely have sprouted next time ;)

all the best xoxoxo

K I'm back from my scan! Didn't get any good 3d shots cause baby was laying in weird positions. However baby totally looks like a girl! Hopefully this photo I'm uploading isn't huge :thumbup: I was able to tell the gender myself even... it looks just like my other girls scan photos. I asked the lady doing the ultrasound (who I've known for 4 years, she is my sisters mother in law and has been doing ultrasound for 18 years) if it was her baby would she start buying girl things, and she said yes... but to keep the tags on just in case lol. Going back in two more weeks for another scan :happydance:

Attachments

• KJGH20120106120337473.jpg
    KJGH20120106120337473.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 32

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member