Question about Bumps!

rihanna

Reaction score
I know if you have had a baby before you usually show earlier because of the uterus or stomach already been stretched but does anyone know if this happenes if you used to be quite big?

I used to be a size 18-20 and slimmed down to a 12 last year (in the space of a year lost over 6.5stone) so my stomach was full of stretch marks already and left quite saggy.:wacko:

I was wondering if becasue of this i would show earlier? because my stomach was already stretched...? Or is it just if your uterus has stretched in a previous pregnancy?

Any Ideas? :shrug:

Thanks ladies, tried Googling it but nothing!

I don't know. I think you might notice the bump earlier because you have no fat on your belly now, the same way a skinny person would show earlier than a bigger girl. I am a size 18 now, and I don't know if my bump is the baby or if it's still just pizza.

Well done on the weight loss by the way.

Thanks laura 80 , i had actually put a stone back on of that, and even when i was at my slimmest i still had a big saggy belly! TMI!

I am getting 'fat; round my tummy but thats where it always went anyway. We'll see xx

Thanks

The reason you show earlier after having a baby is because the muscles in your stomach have separated to make room for the baby. It has nothing to do with how big you were before. My sister has always been a size 8 but she showed very early with her 2nd baby. There is no reason for you to show any earlier just because you were bigger before getting pregnant hun. Hope that helps.

i too wondered if that was the case.
with my 1st pregnancy i was huge, i put on 4 1/2 stone, but some of that was fluid as i had pre-eclampsia, and with my 2nd i put on 3 1/2 stone but with neither of them i started showing straight away but this time, i am only 5wks 6days at the minute and i am already showing!!! and its not just a little bump, its noticable as i have had people asking me this morning at school when i am due?!
this is 1 of the reasons my husband thinks i am having twins!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->