question about c sections

live in hope

pregnant, lovely jubley.
Reaction score
Hiya well I haven't been here for a while I have had two emergency c sections so not by choice very disappointed but its what had to be done I always wanted to have a natural birth :-( so two questions really im getting broody my husband is adiment he doesn't want anymore but I feel very maternal we have a 2 year old girl n 7 month old boy. I always wanted 3 choldren I miss being pregnant I really do. Anyway im waffling on will I have to have a c section again im sure thats what they daid to me in hospital I really would love a natural though n also how many c sections can you have? Xxx

I'm about to have my second, but I've heard of many women who have gone on to have 3, 4, even 5. I think it really depends on how your surgery was done. I would highly recommend talking to your doctor about it, they can examine it and tell you if you're at a higher risk for uterine rupture or something.

I've had 2 c-sections and want to try for a vba2c this time as I hated the surgery and was terrified the whole way through. From my experience this time opinion is changing from the "once a section, always a section attitude." The midwives I've seen have been vey supportive. The consultant has been ok but has made it clear his recommendation is a repeat section (due to lack of evidence about the risk of rupture during a vba2c). There are many women who have had 3 sections though and it's not that rare to see women on these boards or other support groups that have had four or five. Good luck with your journey.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->