Question about chemical pregnancies

hal423

Reaction score
Hi ladies! I had a CP in June beginning at 10dpo and the lines didn't get darker and then by 13dpo, AF showed.

I just got more faint lines at 9dpo this time, they were darker yesterday, but not much darker today at 11dpo. I'm so scared that this is just gonna end up the same way.

I've posted my tests below: top is yesterday AM; middle is yesterday evening; and bottom is this AM.

I turned 35 this year and am concerned about my body's ability to make this bean stick! Any advice?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 50
It can take a few days for tests to start getting noticeably darker, so don't worry yet. Your bottom one looks the darkest so far. I'd say skip testing tomorrow and resume Thursday or Friday and see if there's a difference.

I also tested with a FRER yesterday morning and got this. My FRER line from my last chemical did not get this dark.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 57
Remember the hormones double every 48 hours so you might not get darker ones day after day. Have you tried a FRER? Lines always seem lighter to me on ICs. Good luck - I've had a CP too, a few months before this pregnancy, so I know how worrying it is.

Thank you ladies! I guess there's nothing to do but wait and see if AF shows up.

I did do a FRER yesterday (posted above) but it was my last one. I'll have to rely on the cheapies right now.

I'm wondering if I need to get my progesterone levels checked. I recently moved to a different state so I don't yet have an OB here.

You could definitely call a place up and let them know your situation and get you booked in as a new patient. Gonna need to do it anyways so may as well get it over with.

I know its really hard to wait to test - I cant take my own advice because I am still testing on occassion. BUT, with that being said, my current tests did not start getting consistantly darker until about 13dpo. So it might just be too early to judge an increase in the hcg. Good luck; I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

Thanks! I will probably call an OB office close to where I work tomorrow and see if they'll give me a blood test.

Powell I just called a clinic near my office and made an appt for 9/18. They don't see you until you're 8 weeks along. I told her about my chemical and she said she'd let one of the nurses know and they can decide whether to bring me in for monitoring

Hey hal, was just having the same worries myself. Trying to be happy as i only found out this morn but keep thinkin of my chemical in september and im afraid to be happy or tell family etc. Last time i started bleeding at 5w1d, its gonna be a long few weeks.

I know the feeling sdc! I'm scared to death and hate the thought of waiting another month for my scan to make sure everything's okay. I guess we just have to stay positive and enjoy being pregnant right now.

When is your EDD? Mine is 4/28 but I'll have to have another c section so it'll probably be the week before.

I almost started a thread like this!! I had a chemical 2 years ago in June. My first test was light so I waited 48 hours and it was barely darker. I took a total of 4 tests, 14, 16, 18, and 20 dpo and all were a tiny bit darker but not where they should be. I started bleeding around 5+3 and mced. I knew when my blood drawn # was 14 that it was a mc cause at 5 weeks 3 days, that wouldn't make sense.

I ended up having my little girl the very next cycle without even having AF between.

Fast forward to now, I'm pregnant with my third baby. First test at 14 dpo was nice and dark. Second test tonight at 16 dpo was just a smidge darker.....I'm back to freaking out. So I'm going to call my OB tomorrow to try and get a Beta done. I did it with each pregnancy and its the only thing that has given me peace of mind.

Good luck bookworm!! I spoke to the nurse at the OB clinic and she said they wouldn't see me there for betas because I'm a new patient there and the insurance company may freak out if they started ordering labs on me first thing. She said if I was worried I could ask my general practitioner to do a blood test. I think I'll just wait and see. My tests are getting darker and darker and I'm 12dpo today.

Keep us posted as to how yours turn out!

I know the feeling sdc! I'm scared to death and hate the thought of waiting another month for my scan to make sure everything's okay. I guess we just have to stay positive and enjoy being pregnant right now.

When is your EDD? Mine is 4/28 but I'll have to have another c section so it'll probably be the week before.

Ha ha i am also 28/4 and have also had c section so am assuming another one at 39wks!!! Bump buddies!

My ics are scary faint but frer looks good and i had a positive digi wednesday too. I feel very crampy and bloated, should i be worried?

Why would you be?

Hopefully im just paranoid but i had an early loss in september where bleeding started about ten days after my bfp, before bleeding started thee was no progression and tests started turning neg with frer still giving me positive until the day before bleeding.....i just bought a 2 pk conception indicator digis this morn and got pregnant 1-2 on one. Im goin to save the other until mon/tue and by then it should really be saying 2-3. Im not clear on O as i had 2 surges this month. If my cb digi opk was right on 2nd August (smiley)- id b 4w, 5d....but if the other cheapie ic was right on 8/8, then im prob 3w6d so not panicking yet but would just really like to see it going up. Its not helping that ics look so faint.
anyway how are you feeling??

Don't fret! Outta curiosity why did you keep using OPKs after the smiley? Did you suspect you didn't O or are you just a POAS addict like me? Also, do you temp?

Don't fret! Outta curiosity why did you keep using OPKs after the smiley? Did you suspect you didn't O or are you just a POAS addict like me? Also, do you temp?

It was my 1st month using smileys- i skipped from blank circle to solid (no flashies and it would have put af due on 24/25(short for me), also ic opk that day wasnt close to pos....didnt keep doing them but on cd16 i noticed cramping and ewcm and did a cheapie- it wasnt actually + but very close. Still i was leaning towards cb digi being right.....however af never showed and i got 1st bfps wed (cd27), i tested a lot (starting cd19)using frer and it makes more sense that my bfp was approx 11dpo rather than 17dpo so im going with 2nd surge. What do you think?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->