question about fetal movement..

wheelz23

Reaction score
Hey everyone!
I am 18w5d today. This past week, i've felt what I thought was the baby. Little nudges, they only happen like once or twice a day that I notice, but I have to be totally still to feel them, so I'm sure they're happening more, they're just too light to notice.
however this morning, i KNOW what I felt was baby. It was a few weird little movements, then one swift little kick. (maybe it wasn't a kick, but that's what I imagined it to be) So my question is, now that I'm feeling the baby, should I be worried if I don't feel it everyday? Should it be getting stronger every day, or more frequent? Not sure if I should even be tracking movement at this point. I'm just so excited to feel my little girl!!!

Nah. I've felt this baby every day since I started feeling her, but that hasn't been the case with all of my babies. Particularly with my first-born. I felt one BIG kick at 16 weeks and then NOTHING for 2 weeks! Then, I felt him almost all of the time!

Hey everyone!
I am 18w5d today. This past week, i've felt what I thought was the baby. Little nudges, they only happen like once or twice a day that I notice, but I have to be totally still to feel them, so I'm sure they're happening more, they're just too light to notice.
however this morning, i KNOW what I felt was baby. It was a few weird little movements, then one swift little kick. (maybe it wasn't a kick, but that's what I imagined it to be) So my question is, now that I'm feeling the baby, should I be worried if I don't feel it everyday? Should it be getting stronger every day, or more frequent? Not sure if I should even be tracking movement at this point. I'm just so excited to feel my little girl!!!

Hey haven't got quite as far along as you but my doctor mentioned to me yesterday that as the weeks passed id start to feel definite movement but I shouldn't freak out about not feeling it daily until about 21 weeks so I think its ok. The app thing im using says that you should start tracking movement until around 28 weeks but I don't know how reliable that is

Not just yet Hun. You probably will, even if it's just once in bed or something. But you don't need to worry at the moment if you don't. I still don't feel movement every day, unless I really lie down and focus and try to get him to move.

thanks mamas!!! Good to know I'm in the same boat as everyone else :)

I first felt baby at 15+1, then nothing for almost 2 weeks, then maybe once a week until I got to maybe 20 then they started to get more and stronger. Now I'm 27 weeks and baby is breakdancing away sometimes, it's incredible. I've only started to mentally monitor movements in the past 2 weeks, but it usually has a fidget every hour or so. Enjoy, it's incredible!

My step dad who is an Obgyn told me not to be concerned or monitor "kicks" until 28 weeks... I'm 24.1w and some days I feel her a bunch and some days only a few times a day..

It also depends on your placenta. I've felt baby since 12 weeks but only about once a week. I'm 20 weeks now and still only feel him every couple of days but my placenta is anterior- covering the front of my belly- which will mean I will feel the baby less than someone with a posterior placenta. The midwife was surprised I could feel the baby at all with the location of it. It's hard not to worry but at least try to reassure yourself that its completely normal.

Yes they say to start monitoring kicks from 28 weeks because that is when babies start to develop a daily "routine" I think?

I've been feeling this baby for a couple of weeks now (I'm 15+4) but some days I hardly feel him/her at all and some days it is more (although nothing compared to how much you feel baby later in the pregnancy!).

I worry too! On days when I don't feel the baby moving I usually pull out my doppler for peace of mind.

What does it feel like? This is my first ever pregnancy and I have no idea what I'm even feeling for. There was a few different times when laying down getting ready to go to bed that I'd feel like a flutter like feeling in my belly. It almost felt like a heart palpation flutter but in my belly and I kinda think I wonder if that's it and they never last longer than a second and when I try to feel for it nothing :haha: :wacko: I'm so envious of you ladies. I can't wait to feel my mini me.

With my first I barely felt her move at all. And her movements were rolls not kicks. So like 3 times a day I would feel this big slippery roll feeling and then nothing. So I never counted kicks or worried about it. She was good. I was good- Doctor wasn't worried. She is very healthy and active and just had her 10th birthday. This one I feel little flutters if I drink juice or sometimes at night. I think I am just more aware than last time but I still am not going to track. If I don't feel him/her move for days then I might get checked but it's not like there is anything they can do if the baby stops moving

What does it feel like? This is my first ever pregnancy and I have no idea what I'm even feeling for. There was a few different times when laying down getting ready to go to bed that I'd feel like a flutter like feeling in my belly. It almost felt like a heart palpation flutter but in my belly and I kinda think I wonder if that's it and they never last longer than a second and when I try to feel for it nothing :haha: :wacko: I'm so envious of you ladies. I can't wait to feel my mini me.

When I first started feeling her, I just felt almost like a roll. I thought it was gas, but then after a couple times I realized that it was NOT gas. Quite a distinct feeling by that point. I have felt ONE kick, and I feel rolling most every day. Some days WAY more than others, I just try and be patient and look forward to the next time! It is true though, I'm a FTM so feeling the rolling feeling felt weird and I did not realize it was baby right away. Took a minute.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->