Question about hcg diet?

F

Feelcrazy

A few ladies I know got pregnant shrtly after they did the hcg diet. I think something about the hormone triggers something. I'm considering giving it a go

will it affect my ovulation tests?
(since ovulation tests pck up lh and hcg)
will it affect hpt?
(I have heard the answer is no bit figured I ask here)

The HCG diet works because it's 500 cals per day!! ie very low calorie
That's probably going to affect your hormonal balance and over a long period of time may cause you NOT to ovulate
Also injecting HCG may affect your HPT (ie false positives) this is the hormone that the HPT picks up

I did some research on this diet and it not recommended............

The HCG Diet
•The HCG diet fad began in the 1950s when Dr. A. Simeons used injections of the hormones along with an ultra-low-calorie diet of 500 calories per day to facilitate weight loss in patients in India. It has been theorized that since HCG helps metabolize fat in women for pregnancy, it could do the same for anyone, male or female. There are still weight-loss centers that prescribe the HCG diet injections, but it has not been approved by the FDA. In fact, it has been proven by the FDA and the American Medical Association to be ineffective in weight loss.

Both the AMA and the FDA blame the weight-loss effects of the HCG diet not on the hormone injections, but on the low-calorie diet. The body will naturally burn off more fat if its caloric intake is far below its norm. HCG cannot be bought over the counter and must be prescribed by a doctor. Contact your physician before starting any weight-loss regimen, especially one that can increase your production of male and female hormones.

There are more sensible and safer and cheaper ways to lose weight in my opinion!
I lost nearly 3 stone with good old fashioned calorie counting (1500 per day) and lots of exercise

but good luck if you do choose this way, it is your choice at the end of the day :hugs:
xxx

Wow! Thanks so much for all that info. That is very helpful!!! :)
I really appreciate that! I probibly won't do it then

Wow! Thanks so much for all that info. That is very helpful!!! :)
I really appreciate that! I probibly won't do it then

no problems, hun :flower:

I hate to see people thinking about doing quick fix expensive unhealthy diets :nope:

Losing weight is hard :nope:; I lost a lot of weight in my early 20's and now after my baby. I will always struggle with my weight as I have eyes bigger than my belly! There is no easy answer apart from cutting down and exercising more!!

lots and lots of luck for your :bfp:
:dust:
xxx

Very reasonable advise! I just find myself feeling sooo much guilt,
I feel like not getting pregnant is my fault. I will try to be more reasonable with eating. My eyes are also bigger than my tummy!!!

I have done it! Without HCG. I've just been reasonable. Dranks lots of water and ate low calorie. Have lost 13lbs :) hurray

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->