Question about periods and contraception

littlepurple

Reaction score
Hi, I'm combination feeding my daughter and haven't started my period yet. I have a supply of the progesterone only pill from the doc but haven't started it yet as it needs to be started on the first day of my period. I haven't dtd with my husband yet (we co-sleep with our daughter which kind of kills the romance) although we are still intimate with each other when we get the chance.

Have any of you started the pill before your periods cane back or should I just wait until I'm bf less and for them to come back on their own?

Hmm...thats a tough one. I know when i was looking to get the Mirena, they said wait until AF. I believe that was more for the purpose of an easier insertion, but i could be totally wrong. Anways, the Mirena is only progesterone, so i wouldn't think it would be much different than a progesterone only pill :shrug: The thing is, i was BFing and never got my period. I didn't want to wait to get it becuase a lot of women ov. before their first period. So they said that was fine and they could insert it whenever instead of waiting for AF.
I know the pill you are talking about is obviously different though. I would probably ask your doctor. Tell him/her that you are concerned, in case you ov. prior to first period. It may not be a problem to take the progesterone starting at a random time...i know when i was on the combined pill they didn't make me wait to start it.
if you dont want to contact your doctor, i guess rubbers in the meantime. Even though you are combi feeding, w some women it takes no nursing 100% to get their cycles back, so you could be one to never get it back while combi feeding, but its just unpredicatable, so it could be a while using rubbers (or some other barrier method).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->