question about rice...

JennieyL

Reaction score
are you guys sick of hearing all the questions about it yet? :shrug: Im just not to sure what I Should do.. lol
I have had her on it for 2 days, she is just about 5 months old.. so i figured I would do that, until she is 6 months then start introducing other foods.. I know the recommendation is to wait 6 months but she was always hungry.. and as soon as I gave it to her she Loved it.. and opens her mouth straight away for it.. now my problem is.. Im not sure if her stomach can handle it or not? she has woken up both nights now crying, and she never did before.. and this morning i gave it to her and was happy as could be until about an hour after and she just cried and cried... .. Now is this just another thing that her stomach is just getting used to eating? or should I stop giving it to her because she might be having a reaction to it? What were your LOs like after giving it to them? shes not gassy or anything so Im not sure.. keep trying and see if it gets better??

did this even make sense? haaha sorry about rambling im just not sure if I should keep giving it to her? and she will get used to it or not.

Hello

I started Izzy on rice at 4 months, and by 2 weeks later we were on to fruit and veg. She had been waking in the night for longer than could be explained by a growth spurt and yet couldn't get enough milk in the waking hours.
She didn't have any issues from the rice, although she didn't sleep through even when on that (not until she was having porridge and a small meal later on)

When she wakes crying..is she looking for milk? Maybe like Izzy she is 'ready' and so the milk just isn't keeping her feeling nice and full though the night?
Is she grumpy after it every time?

ya when she wakes up at night time she wants milk, which I gave her twice, once last night and once at 5 am, I know she is ready for it, my problem is I am not to sure if I should keep giving it to her as it seems to upset her stomach, I think? im not to sure she is just alot more grumpy then usual .. and I cant figure out if she is having a reaction to the rice, which I dont see why she should.. or if her stomach just needs to get used to eating it... she has gotten it in the morning and at dinner time for the past 2 days.

Amber does the crying after a feed thing too, and is the same age but not on solids (she is not interested yet and still happy with milk). So it could just be an age thing.

You know she can get other things not just rice? Try her on some vegetable puree or porridge or mashed bananna?

Why don't you leave it for a few days and see how she is, then you can be sure whether it is actually the rice causing the problem.

Ya I think I might try that .. just leave it for a few days, then try again that way I will know for sure, It also might just be because she is on soya formula, and the rice has some milk in it, she isnt lactose intolerant though... but because the milk just gave her really bad gas the dr recommended we switch her to soya.. the dr also said she would be fine going onto rice that has milk in it when she gets to about 5 months.. what else besides rice and such can she have.. aside from the already listed..

There are lots of purees you can try, my LO's fave is sweet potato, we've had parsnip, avocado and apple to. We tried banana but he didn't like that.

Just experiment :) There are lots of ideas on the net if you google to for purees :D I bought one sweet potato and it made so many dinners, I just put it in ice cube trays and froze it :D

i would try porridge or fruit cereals as well hun, baby rice is so bland and tasteless i wouldnt thank you for it either x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->