Question about Sperm-friendly CM after D&C

mercedes2010

Mom of two girls!!
Reaction score
I know this subject is probably done to death in countless sites all over the internet. I am beginning to think the problem with our not conceiving the past two cycles might be my CM. I haven't had an abundance of it and it never seems to get to EW consistency ever since the MMC and D&C. So my question is, what can I do to improve the quality, quantity of my CM? I would like some personal opinions and ideas from women who have tried something to correct this and had it work!

(BTW I have already taken a test this cycle and got a BFN) I'm so tired of being dry and sore at OV time from BDing (sorry if that's TMI!) but I'm SICK of seeing only one line when I POAS. Help please!

Well I have heard of a lubrication called preseed which helps aid the sperm to the egg in the absence of proper CM... I am pretty sure thats what it is called :thumbup:

Evening Primrose Oil you can take up to the day you ovulate and this will greatly improve your own CM and hopefully help you make lots of EWCM. :flower:

Hi there, yep the product is called PreSeed. You can order it online or pick it up at a few different stores, like Walgreens... it's a little pricey, but might be worth a try. I used PreSeed in Feb... I used it only once, and ended up becoming pregnant that cycle. Unfortunately, I had a mmc in April at almost 12 weeks (baby had passed around 8 weeks). I haven't decided whether or not I'll use the product again (I have quite a bit left over from Feb)... I'm just feeling a little funny about doing things exactly the same way as we did when we got pregnant the first time, but who knows, since I had success with it, I may give it another go.

And just an FYI, some women believe that Preseed may have contributed to their miscarriage, so you may want to google "Preseed and miscarriage" and judge for yourself. On the flip side, there's many women who have had perfectly healthy babies, so who knows. Personally, I don't think that Preseed had anything to do w/ my miscarriage, but I guess I'll never know.

Best of luck!

@kiki and red: Thanks ladies! I have heard of Preseed and it's not too pricey, I mean compared to other lubes, yes. But not so expensive I would pass on it if I thought it would work. I'll do the Preseed/MC research first though.

@sthorp: I have never heard of EPO...thanks for the info.

Thank you for the replies and please, if anyone else can think of something, keep the advice coming!!!

I have managed to get pregnant 4 times without fertile cm, so dont let it stress you too badly. But I hear good things about preseed.

hey, for the few months before I got my bfp I had been using EPO and drinking grapefruit juice. I'm going to try the same again next cycle xx

Thank you @truthbtold!

@mrs.lj: I have often seen EPO in the vitamin and supplement aisle and wondered what it's good for. If my OB green lights it, I'll try it!

I've used preseed the 3 times I've been pregnant - 1st was Megan , 2 & 3 were miscarriages.

I've used preseed the 3 times I've been pregnant - 1st was Megan , 2 & 3 were miscarriages.

Thanks...so sorry for your losses. :hugs: Do you know the causes(es)? Do you believe Preseed had anything to do with it? Kind of dumb question maybe since you got pregnant with your beautiful little Megan usng it, but what's your honest opinion?

My dr's (2 of them) both have said the following & I so far am trusting them. Miscarriage is common. Miscarriage rates over the age of 30 are about 1 in 3 for women they see. Most miscarriages in early pregnancy are chromosomal. Some women will have more than 1 miscarriage in a row - just because of the odds. (I am 32) They dont think testing is necessary at this point - if I have another then they would do testing.

My thinking w/ the preseed is that if something was wrong w/ dh's sperm - did the preseed help abnormal sperm reach the egg? But my cm would have been a channel to my egg as well - right? If my egg - or cell division was the issue & dh's sperm was perfect than lube had no affect. Before having Megan I didnt have much ewcm - but now I do -esp. after miscarriage. But it is nice to be comfortable bding- by the end of my fertile time I'm sore without it.

I question everything and anything now after 2 miscarriages - did something I do cause it? Is there something I can change for next time & get a different outcome? So I think its hard to ignore the preseed - but I really dont blame it. Will I use it next time we ttc? I'm not sure yet! But then again - it was fine when I was pregnant w/ Megan!

My dr's (2 of them) both have said the following & I so far am trusting them. Miscarriage is common. Miscarriage rates over the age of 30 are about 1 in 3 for women they see. Most miscarriages in early pregnancy are chromosomal. Some women will have more than 1 miscarriage in a row - just because of the odds. (I am 32) They dont think testing is necessary at this point - if I have another then they would do testing.

My thinking w/ the preseed is that if something was wrong w/ dh's sperm - did the preseed help abnormal sperm reach the egg? But my cm would have been a channel to my egg as well - right? If my egg - or cell division was the issue & dh's sperm was perfect than lube had no affect. Before having Megan I didnt have much ewcm - but now I do -esp. after miscarriage. But it is nice to be comfortable bding- by the end of my fertile time I'm sore without it.

I question everything and anything now after 2 miscarriages - did something I do cause it? Is there something I can change for next time & get a different outcome? So I think its hard to ignore the preseed - but I really dont blame it. Will I use it next time we ttc? I'm not sure yet! But then again - it was fine when I was pregnant w/ Megan!

I wondered that too about abnormal sperm...and I completely agree with you about becoming sore without sufficient lube, whether natural or not. This last cycle I was very sore and had to stop. That could be the reason we failed this time...we didn't BD enough! So I may check into this Preseed for next cycle. If nothing else, maybe it will at least help prevent my being so uncomfortable that we have to forgo sex and end up missing the egg! Thanks for your thoughtful reply.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->