question about swimming.

Mrs-N

Mummy to Joshua James
Reaction score
hello girls,

im going swimming tomorrow for the first time since being pregnant.
im just wondering if its ok to swim in the main pool as its colder. or should i just stay in baby pool coz its warmer.

if baby doesnt kick does that mean it doesnt like it or not.

x x

My baby doesn't move in the bath. I assume she just likes it and goes to sleep. :rofl:

we only have a shower so i havnt had a bath while pregnant(sounds dirty)
but baby doesnt move when i have a shower and then once im out and dried it doesnt stop moving.

what you think about the water

You'll be fine in big pool in colder water. A lot of our bumps are "brown" fat anyway so would take a bit for it to chill LO. If you're worried about getting cold yourself, just be careful how long you stay in. There shouldn't be any medical reason you can't go in big pool though.

thanks lizzi,

ill go into big pool(colder water) but ill make sure i dont get too cold

Enjoy swimming, suppose to be really good for you whilst pregnant x

I usually go in the big pool, don't think it's done me any harm :)

xxx

I think you can enjoy the big pool, as long as its not uncomfortably cold for you. I loved swimming when I first got pregnant, then it got too cold. Now the past few times I've wanted to go, after looking at myself in a bathing suit, I've stayed away LOL. Its really good exercise, without too much strain, and lets you move comfortably which gets quite impossible during pregnancy.

Also, I wouldn't worry quite yet if LO's movements are regular or not, or base an activity by that. They dont become normal for a few more weeks, at least in my experience and what I've heard from other ladies. Have fun!

ok thanks girls,

well today has come and im so nervous. the bikini i have got is from my holiday in september,it doesnt look too bad but my belly is really round.
im gonna get a maternity bikini if i like it enough to go again.

im not planning on over doing it though im just gonna swim a little and then just enjoy.
x x

good for you. i recently took up swimming with ym bigger rounder bump too. I like it. I just do 20 or 30 minutes of pootling about once or twice a week. I've only been twice but I am determined to keep it up. I also go in the bigger lengths pool - it is a little chilly at first but you soon warm up if you keep swimming. Be careful not to overdo it - I found the first time my lower tummy ached a little - I think we use our tummy muscles when doing breast stroke without noticing. It's so easy to swim it's easy to forget you're pregnant in fact. Take little breaks and as soon as you feel tired take a little breather for a minute.

I feel really good after my swimming. tired but good.

Baby doesnt move or kick while i'm in teh water - I assume the motion rocks him to sleep.

Warning though - you'll feel 50 stone as you try and climb out of the pool at the end! least I do! hahahaha:rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->