Question about temping and opk use

nacS1214

Reaction score
Hi ladies!

I'm new here and this is my first post so hello to all! We have a 18 month old whom I stopped breastfeeding 6 months ago and since then my periods have gone back to normal so we have been ttc! My hubby works out of town four weeks on and two off so we know there will only be a few months in a year that he will be home at the "right" time. Any how I thought this month would be it but of course I got a positive opk at 7pm on Tuesday last week and he didn't get home until Thursday :nope:, we bd twice Thursday and Friday(and every other day at least since then) just in case. I was temping and didn't get a rise Wednesday morning or Thursday morning after the pos opk, I haven't temped since then because I just wanted to enjoy the time I have with him right now and not get up at a certain time to temp. But of course I can't stay off google and now I'm wondering if maybe I got the surge and then never ovulated, does that happen? Or is it possible to ovulate and then not see a temp rise for a few days or you can get a pos opk and not ovulate for a few days after?

Sorry so many questions, hope I'm making sense as I am very new to all this ttc stuff, dd wasn't planned!

Tia for any input :hugs:!

Hi ladies!

I'm new here and this is my first post so hello to all! We have a 18 month old whom I stopped breastfeeding 6 months ago and since then my periods have gone back to normal so we have been ttc! My hubby works out of town four weeks on and two off so we know there will only be a few months in a year that he will be home at the "right" time. Any how I thought this month would be it but of course I got a positive opk at 7pm on Tuesday last week and he didn't get home until Thursday :nope:, we bd twice Thursday and Friday(and every other day at least since then) just in case. I was temping and didn't get a rise Wednesday morning or Thursday morning after the pos opk, I haven't temped since then because I just wanted to enjoy the time I have with him right now and not get up at a certain time to temp. But of course I can't stay off google and now I'm wondering if maybe I got the surge and then never ovulated, does that happen? Or is it possible to ovulate and then not see a temp rise for a few days or you can get a pos opk and not ovulate for a few days after?

Sorry so many questions, hope I'm making sense as I am very new to all this ttc stuff, dd wasn't planned!

Tia for any input :hugs:!

Hey there, all the above are possible and so it's great you started temping as that's the only way to know for sure if you ovulated...even if you think you did and then have what looks like AF which is called an anovulatory cycle. It is possible to ovulate and not see a substantial bbt shift but highly unlikely. As far as OPK's I would sometimes get 3-4 days of positive opk's and ovulate a day after the last one so it was frustrating for timing purposes. Here's a list of likely possibles-

1)You had a longer than normal surge and didn't see O because it happened right after you stopped temping (yay you are in the hunt this cycle!)

2)You had a surge but didn't O yet but still could possibly depending on how this cycle goes.

3)You didn't ovulate and your body may not be able to get the egg to release which may or may not lead to a breakthrough bleed that can resemble a normal AF or be shorter and lighter. (boooo!)

Try to keep charting through your whole cycles and confirm you are ovulating regularly. If not there are some great supplements to get you on track:thumbup:

Awesome! Thank you for the reply and all the information and for not making me feel stupid for not knowing much about ttc! I'm hoping it was number one on your list and that we caught the eggy! And if not then I will start charting regularly! Congrats on your baby on the way :happydance:!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->