question about ultrasound last night at er

I think it depends on the individual scanners. I had an abdominal scan at 6+6 and they measured the baby as 6+5, so I was happy with that. The image was sooo clear, equally as clear as the transvaginal ones I'd had with my son in 2011. However, it was with a private company, so they probably have the best machines money can buy, which could explain the crisp image.

Even the best abdominal scanners probably aren't as good as transvaginal and I would imagine that this is why the baby measured the same. Also, since Wednesday, the baby wouldn't have grown a huge amount, probably only a mm or so, so quite hard for scanners to detect such a subtle change.

Good luck, I hope everything turns out okay. It sounds like you're having a worrying time.

x

I think it depends on the individual scanners. I had an abdominal scan at 6+6 and they measured the baby as 6+5, so I was happy with that. The image was sooo clear, equally as clear as the transvaginal ones I'd had with my son in 2011. However, it was with a private company, so they probably have the best machines money can buy, which could explain the crisp image.

Even the best abdominal scanners probably aren't as good as transvaginal and I would imagine that this is why the baby measured the same. Also, since Wednesday, the baby wouldn't have grown a huge amount, probably only a mm or so, so quite hard for scanners to detect such a subtle change.

Good luck, I hope everything turns out okay. It sounds like you're having a worrying time.

x

thank you! I sure am.. I just want this to be smooth sailing from here on out!! it sucks.!! :hugs:

Try not to worry, I agree that a transvaginal scan would've been better at that stage. I had a scan at 6+2 followed by an emergency scan at 7+2 (albeit both vaginal), and the second suggested that the baby measured the same size. Which really made me horrendously anxious until the 12 week scan, but everything was fine and baby caught up to her original EDD :thumbup:

Best of luck :flower:

Try not to worry, I agree that a transvaginal scan would've been better at that stage. I had a scan at 6+2 followed by an emergency scan at 7+2 (albeit both vaginal), and the second suggested that the baby measured the same size. Which really made me horrendously anxious until the 12 week scan, but everything was fine and baby caught up to her original EDD :thumbup:

Best of luck :flower:

thank you so much :) and congraats to you!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->