Question! Any advice helps TIA

NicnLola

Reaction score
So, I took a HPT around 7/20 and got a positive result. I went In to the doctor on 8/18 expecting to be around 8 weeks along. Instead doctor saw a gestational sac and yolk sac but no baby and said I was measuring less than 5 weeks. I thought for sure I would miscarry, but when I went to the doctor on 8/29 the doctor saw a gestational sac, yolk sac AND a fetal pole with a flicker. She said I was measuring around 5 weeks 6 days.

I am so confused, the dates do not match up at all. I go back again Wednesday for another scan to see what's happening.

Does anyone have any idea what could be happening? TIA

Anything is possible. Maybe your little peanut is a slow grower and will catch up later. I wish you all the luck in the world though.

Sometimes development can happen a little slower than normal, you could also have a retroverted uterus which can make seeing things a bit difficult in the early stages. Did they do a transvaginal or abdominal ultrasound?

@Luvspnk31 They did a transvaginal ultrasound each time. I don't think that I have a retroverted uterus. Would the doc have told me if I did?

They should tell you, but some Drs are crap, so who knows. A transvaginal would show more. Sounds like there is development happening, so hopefully you'll see baby at ur next scan. GL! Keep us updated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->