Question for all you temping experts

Elski

Reaction score
Hi girls, I want to start charting but I know you're supposed to take your temp first thing in the morning before you get up, at the same time each day. The problem I have is that my shift pattern is all over the place, some days I'm up at 5am for work, on the days I'm not working, I sleep til LO wakes at 7ish and then other days I'm on night shifts so legging it around frantically in the early hours at work, so there's no real consistent time of morning that I'd be able to temp. Should I just not bother as it'll just throw up inaccurate results or is there a way round this?
Ta muchly!

You'll don't have an accurate chart. But you can try make adjustments here:
https://www.whenmybaby.com/basalbodytemperature.php

It's still worth temping, at least in the days leading up to ovulation to confirm ovulation, the rest of the time is up to you, I use the adjuster as sometimes I travel with work, and it works fine.

I've nominated a time which is about my averagey getting up time, and adjust up or down accordingly. If you decide 5AM is your default time you can get up at say 7AM and set the adjuster, record the adjusted time in your chart.

Have you got a proper BBT thermometer? They are about £5 on amazon or ebay.

Thanks girls, that's really helpful!

I haven't actually got one yet, Northstar, that was going to be my next question so I'll go and check out amazon :thumbup:

No worries, I also bought a book off Amazon "Taking Charge of Your Fertility" by Dr Toni Weschler, but the FF charting course is free.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->