Question for BFing moms who are dieting to lose weight?

amygwen

Mom to Kenny & Gwendoline
Reaction score
Hello :wave:

I've been in WW in the past and have lost weight pretty easily. I'm BFing so I'm finding it EXTREMELY difficult to lose weight, I always find myself starving and I'm going with the plan and drinking the required amount of milk. Are you finding it hard to lose weight while BFing, was it easier when you stopped BFing? :shrug:

Thanks!

your not supposed to follow WW when BFing.
The maximum you are supposed to loose when BFing is 1.5LBs a week, If you loose anymore/go on a strict calorie controlled diet, toxins can be realeased from the fat which can get throught to the BM, I did some researching last night but scared myself silly with it :dohh:
Being as kenneth is 9 months you should aim to be eating 1500-1800 cals a day :flower:

Im finding it very easy to loose weight, Iv lost 11lbs in 3 weeks ish (probs mostly water, and not very good for BFing so trying to slow it down). The hunger fades in about a week once one is used to choosing the correct foods :flower:

Have you joined myfitnesspal?
If you join and out that you want to loose 1lb a week, It will tell you how many cals etc you are allowed a day, Then when you add a food type in breastfeeding and it will give you another 300 cals a day to eat to supply your milk.

Atleast that way you can eat what you like so long as its within your boundrys :)
Eating more protein will help you feel less hungry, Aim for 51gms a day when BFing. And eat lots of fiber also drinking pleanty of fluids will help you feel full :)

We have a milky mommy weightloss group in this section hun. :flower: I'm having problems losing too. I've lost 22 lbs so far but have 37 to go. :( I even restarted my ticker today hoping I can give myself a fresh start because it's SO frustrating. I'm losing by exercise only. I haven't dieted in any way yet. You CAN do weight watchers while breastfeeding. There is a WW program specifically for breastfeeding mothers I guess.

your not supposed to follow WW when BFing.
The maximum you are supposed to loose when BFing is 1.5LBs a week, If you loose anymore/go on a strict calorie controlled diet, toxins can be realeased from the fat which can get throught to the BM, I did some researching last night but scared myself silly with it :dohh:
Being as kenneth is 9 months you should aim to be eating 1500-1800 cals a day :flower:

Im finding it very easy to loose weight, Iv lost 11lbs in 3 weeks ish (probs mostly water, and not very good for BFing so trying to slow it down). The hunger fades in about a week once one is used to choosing the correct foods :flower:

Have you joined myfitnesspal?
If you join and out that you want to loose 1lb a week, It will tell you how many cals etc you are allowed a day, Then when you add a food type in breastfeeding and it will give you another 300 cals a day to eat to supply your milk.

Atleast that way you can eat what you like so long as its within your boundrys :)
Eating more protein will help you feel less hungry, Aim for 51gms a day when BFing. And eat lots of fiber also drinking pleanty of fluids will help you feel full :)

Thanks for the advice! Actually my WW gave me a companion guide for BFing moms, so you CAN actually do WW, but you have to eat more calories than any ordinary person who joins. LOL that is very scary about toxins being released into the BM! I'm going to go google right now haha so I can scare myself silly :wacko:

thank you for all the advice, I'm going to check out that website you provided.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->