Question for bottle feeders?

Vickie

Hannah & Rhys <3
Reaction score
When do you up the amount of formula you give at each feeding? Since birth Hannah has pretty consistently eaten 3 ounces every 3 hours. The last day or so though she seems to want more at each feeding, and is going a bit longer between feeds. I'm not fussed about it, if she's hungry I'll feed her...but I don't want to make a lot of four ounce bottles and have them go to waste :D

Well, I would try her on an extra ounce till you can gauge how much she is looking for at her various feeds. I used to make up a full 8 ounces for Ryan, but I know that he will take almost a full 8 at his first feed, 5, 6 or 7 for the rest of his feeds and then only 2 - 4 at his last feed at 11.00pm.

If there is over an ounce left in the bottle, I put it straight into the fridge and give him this first before the fresh bottle I have made up at the next feed. I just don't mix them. It works for him and also we are throwing less away because he can be so erratic at times (tbh - he just gets bored and decides he wants to play instead of eat).

As far as I know you can store made up formula for 24 hours in the fridge - but it doesn't agree with all babies.

Mx

I've been giving Grace 5oz instead of 4oz for the last couple of days. She still tries to make out she's hungry afterwards but I know she is only playing me for a fool

ive always upped caitlyn's when she drains a full bottle. She's been on 5oz for a while now

xx

Iv always tended to follow the guidelines on the formula box...and now i just put a extra Oz in my LO's bottle...as he appears hungrier as he has got bigger...when i spoke to the HV i was advised that this was the right thing to do...once you put a extra Oz in you will know if your baby was in need of it or not or if your LO just wants to continue sucking on something...thats if shes a sucky baby...xx

We have been making up 3 ounce bottles and keeping them in the fridge--which sits fine with her. If she finishes the bottle than we try giving her her pacifier/burping etc. If she still acts like she wants more we'll take an ounce from another bottle and give it to her. Don't know if this the right way to do it or not but it seems to work for us for now. Thanks everyone :D

When Jack continuously finishes the bottle say 4/5 times a day we add an extra 30ml as he would cry afterwards as if to say he is still hungry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->