Question for c section ladies who have had an infection????

My incision didn't get infected, but I got an abcess under it and when they took the staples out it laid it'self open and was open straight all the way down to the fascia. They did wet to dry dressings every day and sent me to a wound center. I got a wound vac which vacuum seals the incision with foam in it and sucks out any infection in it as well. Just got taken off of it last week (after almost 2 weeks or so) and now I have an adhesion...it healed weird after the vac came off I think they're going to have to cut it and reopen it to make it heal right. I am SO SCARED!
Oh, the first day it opened it's measurements were:
14cms long x 8cm wide x 8 1/2cm deep
Now it's:
7cm long x 3 cm wide x 2 cm deep

:hugs: nospringchick. I felt like that too. I felt like I couldn't look after my baby and wasn't a proper mum. I only started to feel like a mum when my wound healed. I hope you feel more mobile soon :hugs:

:hugs: to all. I know what you mean about not feeling like a proper mum. I hated not being able to react quickly....you know, it taking ages to get up and it would take me ages to sit up properly enough to lift him out of his moses basket to feed him in the night. I slept sitting up for first 2 weeks so i could get to him quicker. :cry:
It does get better though - every day. :hugs:

Woww Pitbullmommy!! That is scary.. GL!!

Thanks. It's so weird being open that much, even if it is finally shallower now! The nurse that came today said that it IS healing weird, but that she wants to wait and see, but she's pretty sure they won't have to cut it. I have a wound center appt in 2 weeks. Here's hoping! Hope everyone heals up well! This really sucks walking around all open!

Yep!! Girls if you're still having problems.. you will get there! I DO have a slight opening still and the skin will never look quite right :( but I felt like it would NEVER close.. just takes some time! :) I'm hoping by the time she's 5 months it will be 100% closed up.

Tasha's right, it does get better. I was fully closed up by about 9 weeks. The scar is still quite red and the part where it opened up looks wonky so it will always be an unsightly mark, but most of it will be fine eventually.

My cesarean was March 13.
March 15 I had a womb infection, that was with the reddened skin. They also took my staples out this day.
March 16 I went home from having the baby on antibiotics. (Keflex, not sure what its other name is but there is one.. not sure how many mg but 3 pills daily)
March 17 I went to the emergency room at midnight with a fever of... I think 103, had IV antibiotics.
March 22 went back into the hospital with a split open incision, abscess underneath it and draining everywhere.
March 25 I went home on heavy antibiotics. (Clindamycin, I'm not sure how many mg but 9 pills daily, I was told I was taking an unusually high amount, usually my aunt -pharmacist- fills prescriptions for 1-3 pills per day)
And I still have a homecare nurse coming in everyday to pull the packing out of my wound and clean it out and change my bandages :)

Hi there - I bet you had something similar to what I did! The C section I had back on the 3rd of Jan 2008 was a proper botch job - the surgeon had forgotten to clamp one of the veins. Then 5 days post op (normal procedure), beads taken out and POP blood gushing everywhere - rushed in by ambulance to hospital. They told me they wouldn't operate but rather pack me - went on for months and months and months. My wound 20+ months later still hasn't closed - looks like I will have to be re-opened and re-stitched. Not amused at all! Hopsital deny liability as I had signed declaration form pre-op. Did it cover that the surgeon was laughing and joking and talking about the New Year's ever party he'd been to - does that count? Anyone else out there with something similar happen to them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->