Question for c section ladies who have had an infection????

:hugs: all around! Shifter, are they still packing yours ??

No. Thankfully! They stopped doing that a week ago. It seemed to have helped kick start the inner healing, so the nurse went back to the silver stuff that she was using before and over the course of this week it has almost entirely healed up. I just have a 2mm hole now where it was over an inch long last week!

They still packing yours?

No. Thankfully! They stopped doing that a week ago. It seemed to have helped kick start the inner healing, so the nurse went back to the silver stuff that she was using before and over the course of this week it has almost entirely healed up. I just have a 2mm hole now where it was over an inch long last week!

They still packing yours?

Yes I still have Silvercel getting stuffed in there.. down to half an inch finally though!! I'm hoping just one more week or so! :)

The hole in my incision is thankfully very small, but big enough for the absess to drain out. I haven't had anymore puss since the first occurance, but continue to have brownish fluid draining from the hole.
If it does not stop draining by Wednesday, I will be going to see the doctor to make sure there is no absess beneath the surface that needs to be drained and packed.
I have no fever... but had body chills big time.
When my mom cleaned it last night, it wasn't as red as the night before. So hopefully it is healing now that the absess has drained. Time will tell.

Tasha - when you were on the Keflex, did you find it made you tired/dizzy?

The hole in my incision is thankfully very small, but big enough for the absess to drain out. I haven't had anymore puss since the first occurance, but continue to have brownish fluid draining from the hole.
If it does not stop draining by Wednesday, I will be going to see the doctor to make sure there is no absess beneath the surface that needs to be drained and packed.
I have no fever... but had body chills big time.
When my mom cleaned it last night, it wasn't as red as the night before. So hopefully it is healing now that the absess has drained. Time will tell.

Tasha - when you were on the Keflex, did you find it made you tired/dizzy?

I did find I was tired.. not sure if it was the Keflex or just my body working overtime getting up in the night with the baby and trying to recover from it all. I also had chills! Well, one minute I'd be burning up, awhile later I'd be shivering? Hope it clears up and you don't have to have it drained/packed up!! :)

Ravelyn, I can not believe you have to dress your wound yourself and the way you were treated is awful!!

Tasha, I really hope the end is in sight for you, you have certainly been though the mill!

Well, the hole on the left hand side that appeared to allow the dead blood to escape is healing and nearly closed :happydance:

In the last few days the scar has split on the right hand side and is about 1 inch long:hissy: so this is being dressed daily by distric nurses:hissy: It feels like a never ending battle:dohh: Its not too deep so doesnt need packing but its so frustrating. At least they are putting a waterproof dressing over it (so water proof I get a free waxing when its taken off lol!!) I had a bath last night for the first time in 3 weeks and it was amazing!!

In the last few days the scar has split on the right hand side and is about 1 inch long:hissy: so this is being dressed daily by distric nurses:hissy: It feels like a never ending battle:dohh: Its not too deep so doesnt need packing but its so frustrating.

I know exactly how you feel. With me it always seemed to be one step forward two steps back, but after a while I realised it was actually two steps forward one step back, so there WAS progress, it was just very slow.

You'll get there hun.

With me the nurse decided after weeks of using waterproof dressings that my wound needed to breathe, it finally healed up when she put a breathable dressing on. Fingers crossed it has finished completely when I see her on Wednesday and she can discharge me from their service!

A friend of mine had an infection in hers nearly a year ago, she spent several months with tubes draining the incision and is still in a bad way now, she has 24 hour nurse care at home. it has been terrifying me as I am expecting section number 2. thanks for all sharing your stories and showing that most infections are not nearly as bad as hers.

Well, I've stopped the antibiotics and the GP is happy to not prescribe anymore and it would appear that it is healing at last :happydance:

:hugs: girls

i had the silver stuff it worked fab!!!

I got discharged from the district nurses yesterday :happydance: no more dressings, was able to have a bath for the first time in WEEKS!!!!!!!!!! It was bliss!

Still waiting for a bath or shower, have not had either since March 22nd :(

But getting there! I had zero drainage the other day, so we were going to go down to changing it all every second day, but I'm draining more again.. So everyday it is!

shifter that's brilliant. :happydance:
Tasha - i hope you are better soon hun. You are having a right time of it! xxx

:) Shifter it's good to hear you're doing better!!!

Wow Shifter thats great, I've not got DN visiting this weekend but I am busy and they can not commit to a time but the nurse is happy its healing well and I have a enough dressing stuff to start my own surgery!! Recovery is the the horizon!!

Tasha, it's getting better and will be healed before you know it.

:) Good news,

I've reduced my visits with the nurse to Mon/Wed/Fri.. finally I can have a life & don't have to sit around waiting for her to call everyday!!

The only big issue is if it gets wet, it smells.. I'm not confident enough to change it myself but my mummy's an RN so she can do it and says she will if she needs to :)

Tasha hun... sorry to hear you are having such a hard time.

I luckily have been able to shower, which is wonderful. I cannot wait for a bath though to heal the rest of my aching body.

Still oozing stuff, but not as bad as the first night. I think that was when the absess burst. Slow process of healing no doubt. Still wearing maternity clothes as they are the only thing that don't rub against my incision, which is drying out and tender. Not to mention that I am having allergic reactions to the damn medical tape. Sensitive skin sucks :(

I keep telling myself... there is light at the end of the tunnel :)

This thread has been a bit qiuet!! How is everybody doing?? I hope your are all healing well!!

After 6 weeks it finally looks like I am healed!! I have one just got back from seeing the nurse today and its nearly healed over. She is going to give it one more look over on Wednesday as I have started not wearing a dressing on it, just applying an antibiotic cream after showing but she is confident that Wednesday will be the last day!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->