Question for c section ladies who have had an infection????

This thread has been a bit qiuet!! How is everybody doing?? I hope your are all healing well!!

After 6 weeks it finally looks like I am healed!! I have one just got back from seeing the nurse today and its nearly healed over. She is going to give it one more look over on Wednesday as I have started not wearing a dressing on it, just applying an antibiotic cream after showing but she is confident that Wednesday will be the last day!!

That's great!

I'm still healing well and infection-free :happydance: The scar is starting to fade now, it was pretty purple-looking when the dressing came off but bits of it are normal skin colour now.

I think i am healing well now - fingers crossed. I was a bit bothered that it was aching a lot but i have been exercising alot so i guess it could be that?
glad everyone is feeling better now. :hug:

Eek, wishing I hadnt read this thread now :(. 3 points of my scar/insicion are red and some puss came out so OH has ordered me to the docs :(. Really hoping its nothingbad!!

I got discharged from my homecare nurses today :happydance: at 3 months + 2 days post op!!

I still have a gaping hole in my belly but it's apparently just the skin that needs to heal. It's purpley/pinky and I can see white at the bottom of it.

I got discharged from my homecare nurses today :happydance: at 3 months + 2 days post op!!

I still have a gaping hole in my belly but it's apparently just the skin that needs to heal. It's purpley/pinky and I can see white at the bottom of it.

:happydance: hope the healing goes well from here on hun :hug:

I got discharged from my homecare nurses today at 3 months + 2 days post op!!

Thats brilliant news!!! I too got discharged from the nurse today!!!!! :happydance::happydance:

Eek, wishing I hadnt read this thread now . 3 points of my scar/insicion are red and some puss came out so OH has ordered me to the docs . Really hoping its nothingbad!!

:hug:Hopefully its been caught early enough and antibiotics clear it up quickly if it is infected. Let us know how you get on :hugs:

it's great not to be alone, not so great tho' for all of you iykwim!

i've got to wait 4 days to find out if my 2 open bits are infected and i am crapping myself about it all and feeling totally useless. :(

it's great not to be alone, not so great tho' for all of you iykwim!

i've got to wait 4 days to find out if my 2 open bits are infected and i am crapping myself about it all and feeling totally useless. :(

If you suspect an infection you really shouldn't wait 4 days. Go into A&E or call your maternity unit/MW if you're worried. They won't leave you 4 days to check you out, if it is an infection you really need to be on antibiotics asap or it could get very serious :hugs:

i thought the same but rang the maternity ward this morning and aslong as i feel ok with no temp and the rest of the wound looks healthy then they said to just wait for the swab results.
3 days to wait now which seems like 3 weeks...it's still weeping today and hubby said one looks a bit more open but that could just be from the swab and he's not sure.
I woke up with bad period pain today and the lochia has gone red so wondering what else is in store.

Hun you've been given the wrong advice :hugs: if it is weeping and the gap opening more then you need treating. With me they took swabs and sent them off but put me straight on antibiotics anyway, same with each infection - I had three and I am fairly sure that the reason I had three was because the first one wasn't dressed and cared for properly by my MWs.

No one will see me though as district nurse is handling it - only other option is see my gp and that would be next week :( I dont have a m/w now even.

I'll get hubby to take a photo when he's back and would appreciate views on it.

My daughter is being registered today and he's away doing that - feel bad I'm not up for going - feel bad I'm such a moan now too!

The MW signed you off her service? Don't feel bad about moaning, it's fine, it's what we're here for! I was miserable when I was ill those first 8 weeks or so, it's totally understandable. I hope everything is ok hun :hugs:

Moan away hun, we all know how you feel! I went straight onto Antibiotics, I had 2 lots of oral and a cream, preventions better than cure if it infected or gets infected. Push for another appointment, another Dr or the Nurse just to get it dressed or phone your local Matenity Hospital where you had the C Sec. Mine were more than happy to see me even after being discharged from the MW and it's where I went initally. x x

Top signs of infection are drainage.. smelly especially.. keep an eye on your skin and your incision; your temp; how you're feeling- nausea, fatigue..

I recommend that you go to the emergency room (A+E there I think??). Don't wait to see your GP next week. Even if you have an infection or your incision is opening, your GP can't do very much, you need to go to the hospital to have the wound drained and if you can get the antibiotics by IV, they work faster that way.

Shifter, m/w signed me over to health visitor. Didnt see my usual m/w for last visit either as she as off sick sp last professional look at wound was day 5 when staples came out.

I think I have good news, wound looks better and hubby says the holes look like they might be starting to knit back together and when I had the gauze on it had leaked but didnt smell - not using the gauzes now though as they are hurting me a bit as it just moves up under the apron!

Hope these pics dont freak anyone out!!
This was yesterday a.m.

https://i26.tinypic.com/30ixmy9.jpg

https://i31.tinypic.com/30ndys9.jpg

Will find out tomorrow when see nurse what next step is - just want the whole thing healed up as I am constantly gettin hubby to check now as i convince myself it's all opened up! :(

Is the top one a zoomed in version of the bottom pic? Or is that how it's healed over time? Sorry I was a bit confused... the top is what my incision looked like with no zoom.

Have you been seen by someone yet? My thoughts are that they may want to pack the wound so the inside heals up...

mine looked like the top one you NEED to get treated. mine took ages to clear up and i had antibiotics straight away x

NoSpringChick-- how is the incision doing now? Any improvement?

Bloodyscar got a little hole again!!! Its not deep like it was previous as I am guessing its more or less healed underneath. There is a bit of blood, I think my undies rubbed it last night:cry:Thank god I still have all dressing packs and antibiotic cream. :growlmad:

How is your scar doing healing NoSpringChick?? Hopefully better than mine lol!!!

Hi guys, good news it's pretty much closed up now and there was no infection, but I'm still getting pains and terrible shooting stabby ones going up from my ovaries to my boobs today bit like electric shocks, and I'm a bit depressed I can't push the pram about yet as when I do I start bleeding a bit red instead of the yellow gunk and my scar hurts where there is feeling - beginning to think I'll never be the same again.

I think one of the things most of us look forward to doing is pushing the pram - I end up walking beside it at a snails pace while my hubby pushes, god it's so depressing it really is. And then when I've got her on my knee and I want to get off the couch and can't in a fluid motion, or even winding her on an evening when it's all worse and my stomach muscles hurt. I'm sure I'm not alone in dealing with these things everyday :hugs:
I don't feel like a proper mum in lots of ways. I feel like I'm falling to bits.
Just looking forward to a few months time when everything si sure to have healed by then.

Hope everyone else is keeping Ok - we'll get past all this I'm sure :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->