question for experienced ivf ladies

raf-wife

Reaction score
hi all i am going for my first private ivf consultation tommorrow morning (i have had all tests etc through nhs) and i am so excited and scared and have so many things running through my head, one of the things im wondering is that my cycles have been regular as clockwork for quite a while but my last 2 have been very late this time i am on day 47 i think its because of the stress and excitement of everything just wondering what will happen really do i have to wait for my period to start before we can begin and what happens if it doesnt show, also are there specific points in your cycle that things happen. do things normally start quite quickly after the first consultation
thanks in advance

The good things about private consultations is there start you as soon as you are ready :)
Depending on what sort of ivf cycle they decide for you they can normally start you on drugs around day 1 or day 21 of your cycle.
Alot of private clinics will like to do there own private tests so you may find they repeat some tests like sperm tests, blood tests etc as there tests are done a lot more prompt then the NHS.

I found treatment with private 100 times more better than anything on the NHS and felt so much treated like a person rather than a number. I went for my bloods etc and pretty much started on my following period around 6 weeks ltr (due to pcos periods are all over) and the treatment I have had from them i would mark 10 out of 10 :)

Wot clinic are you going to? Good luck keep us posted..
xx

hi thanks ever so much for replying im going to the bmi hampshire clinic and wessex fertility leaving in 10 mins :happydance:

hi just got back we are going on short protocol (2 weeks) straight after xmas they said if my af doesnt arrive they will start it for me we go back in 3 weeks to fill in the rest of the forms and get the prescription

Oh that's fab, so that's not DR but stimming right. . ?

:dance:

yeah thats right hun its the antagonist protocol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"