Question for experienced OPK-ers!!! :)

MrsHennieB

Amelia Belle's Mummy <3
Reaction score
We've been TTC for 4 and a half years. I have PCOS and have never been able to do OPK's, as I'd have a raised level of LH in my blood stream for the whole cycle, so I'd ALWAYS get a positive reading. :dohh:

Anyhoo, I've been able to do OPK's this month as Metformin has settled the amount of LH in my blood stream and Clmid has made me ovulate.

For all you experienced with testing for Ovulation, what I don't understand is.....
On the box it says a positive reading on an OPK will mean Ovulation between 12-48 hours. Therefore, when do I count Ovulation?? :shrug:
I did a positive OPK 3 days ago......am I now 3dpo, or have I only just ovulated today, or yesterday??!!
Sorry guys, I probably sound really dumb, but testing with OPK's is really new to me and I want to get it right!!
Thanks ladies!!
xxx Helen xxx
:dust:

Hiya :hi:
I also have pcos but only found out last week, only been ttc for 4 months. I am a complete poas nutter when it comes to opks!
Opks detect the LH surge which is present when your ovaries gear up to release a egg so you will ovulate 12-48hrs after you get your positive opk. Gl to you hun, really hope this is your month :thumbup:
Make sure you do lots of :sex: and get that little eggy! :winkwink:

Thanks babygirlhall :)
Suppose its just a matter of waiting? I'm going to just presume I'm 3dpo then, as I got my positive OPK on the 28th Oct!
Thanks for your GL......I really hope this is our month too!! :thumbup:
Everything crossed you get your second verrrry soon hun :hugs:
:dust:

i have pcos and i ov 2 days after my first positive opk, so i would say if you got your pos on 28th then you ov on 29th-30th GL :thumbup:

:hi:
Thank you so much!!! Sorry for being such an ameateur :blush:
GL ttc #2!! :dust:

lol, i know how you feel, we have been ttc for 3 and a half years so you would think we would know everything by now, i got my first REAL positive opk in july so it was like starting at the beggining, opks, ov pains, lp length, im still learning :blush:

From what I've experienced from OPK's and the research I have done, you only count the 1st positive opk that you get. Technically you could get several days of positives because the surge goes up and then trails back down.

Not sure if this helps any. GL :thumbup:

Yes bumski I think we're quite similar! I have PCOS and we've been trying for 4 and a half years, which seems like a LIFETIME! I was so shocked to get my +ive opk on 1st cycle on Clomid, I was like Eeeeeeek; what does that mean, how do I track my ov now! I was totally scrambled! :wacko: I'll get there in the end though! So sorry you lost your little angel in August :angel: Your time will come hun.....have some :dust: on me!! ;) P.S your dog is flippin adorable!!! :D xxxHxxx
Chika10blue :hi: thank you!! :hugs: that does help!! Feel like I'm learing at school all over again!! :dohh: One of these days it'll all fit into place! :) Hope you get your :bfp: very soon!! :)

Yeah you're right downwardsun :dohh: Hoping it won't come to that next month ;) BUT, if it does, I think I'm going to chart! TY, :hugs:

GL to you, it sounds like you really deserve your BFP :flower:, keep us informed how you get on in your 2ww, its exciting stuff :happydance:

Arrr thanks mate! GL to you too!! :hugs: and :dust:
Helen x

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->