Question for IVF mommies.

bunyhuny

Growing a Rainbow <3
Reaction score
Hi other IVF ladies. Did any of you feel really scared about the idea of stopping your meds at the end of first trimester? I'm only 5+5 and I'm already getting really worried about having to stop the meds.

I'm on Prednisone 5mg a day, daily Fraxiparine injections (Euro-Lovenox), Estrofem 2mg 3x day(estrogen), and Utrogestan 200mg 3x day (progesterone suppositories). I'm on Metformin, too, but they're keeping me on that through delivery.

I'm supposed to start weaning of the estrogen in my 11th week, though I'm not too worried about that one. Then, at the end of the 12th week, I'm supposed to stop taking the Prednisone and Fraxiparine. Those are the ones I'm freaking out about. I've had several losses in the past and I'm so afraid that it's the these two meds that are keeping my baby safe.

The progesterone, I will be very, very slowly weaning off of between the 12th week and the 16th week, and I know my perinatologist will be doing blood draws to confirm that's going okay, so I'm not worried about that one either.

Anyone else had to do injections or immunosuppressants? Did you wean of of them or stop cold turkey? How was the rest of your pregnancy? (etc)

Just looking for some positive stories to calm my nerves!

I am almost 12 weeks and due to stop my progynova (3 times daily) and progesterone (2 times daily). I was on the same protocol with my daughter. I had failed cycles and a loss before her so I was petrified. It is scary but drs know what they are doing. My ob said by 11 weeks the placenta has pretty much taken over so by 12 weeks the meds are not necessary anymore. He is watching me closely to ease my mind. Instead of check up every 4 weeks I go back every fortnight and he scans me each time. He also has an open door policy so if I am worried I can pop in.

I was on Metformin for the first 7 weeks and Crinone until week 12. My clinic didn't measure my progesterone before weaning me off as by that point the placenta would take over and progesterone supplements wouldn't make any difference.

Like you, I was terrified before stopping the progesterone, particularly as I'd have a loss after my previous IVF pregnancy. However, I'm now almost 30 weeks pregnant and aside from an issue with an SCH earlier on in the pregnancy, all has gone well x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->