Question for mamas who have three or more children!

CharCharxxx

Reaction score
Is it a hard transition going from two to three? Just out of curiosity lol. I've heard a lot of people say the biggest is from 1-2 just wanted your opinions really :) x

2-3 was fine for us. 4-5 was fine. 3-4 was our big one!

Oh really! Strange isn't it. I do sit here most days wondering what it will be like. What's one more I suppose ay?! Haha x

I honestly think it depends a lot on your children. 3-4 was hard for us because william (baby) was such hard work. He cried all day, he cried all night! Hope you get a nice chilled out One lol ☺️

Oh really!! Lol yes fingers crossed I do :) thank u very much for the reply :) xx

I think it depends on your child and the age gaps aswell, I found 2-3 easier than 1-2 but I think that may be the age gaps I had as with my 1-2 my first son was potty training when my second son come along so I was dealing with potty training and he wasn't very independent so I still had to do a lot of things like dressing him etc and a new baby and playschool runs and my 2nd baby was hard work he screamed all the time lol, 2-3 I had my eldest in school and my 2nd in playschool when I had my 3rd baby, but my 2nd was potty trained and very independent by the time baby 3 had come along so it was easier as the two older ones done a lot for themselves, it w a pain for all the school and playschool walks to work around a new baby but my 3rd baby was a easier baby than my 2nd, I'm hoping this time will be ok going from 3-4 being as my youngest is 3 and half and she does a lot for herself, but depends on if the baby is going to be really hard work or not we shall see soon enough lol

Thanks for the reply! Yes that's the same with me my eldest is in school now and my DS will be in playschool come January. My DD was potty trained the month before she turned 2 so half a year before my little boy was born which made it easier. Best get cracking with him now I guess haha. There's same age gap between them all which is 2 years 5/6 months. I just get bit nervous as OH works away on the oil rigs for three weeks at a time so will have to do it by myself a lot. Saying that when he comes home he's back for three weeks so makes it a lot easier. I also have a four month old golden retriever puppy so my hands will definitely be full!!!! Haha x

I found the biggest change to be going from 2-3. I was scared out of my mind of being outnumbered, however it only took a few weeks to find a new groove/new routine. Now I'm scared out of my mind of having our 4th!
Truthfully I think it all depends on age gap, and the temperment of your children and new baby! Take it one day at a time.

Honestly depends on each child's personality, health, etc. 1-2 was a breeze for me because DS2 was a sleeper Snd a happy baby for a solid year. 20 maths between them.

2-3 was an experience I never want to go through again. Lol. But dd3 was on the boob solidly for 10 mths, had severe motion sickness so we couldn't go out in the pram or carrier for nearly 6 mths unless I had help so I could carry her in my arms, ds2 also developed fortnightly ear infections resulting in glu ear and 3am terrorised wakings on a regular basis. It was shite.

DD3 is now nearly two and an independent Mrs, DS 2 is now 3 sand after doing much better, dd1 just started school.

So it will be a piece of cake:D lol

1-2 was hard for me, mostly because DS2 was Satan's spawn. He cried aaalllllllll the time and got up every 2 hours until he was like 18 months old. He's 6 now and still doesn't sleep through the night! My third is a piece of cake so far and so was my first. Crossing my fingers that #4 will be an easy one, too!

1-2 was hard for me, mostly because DS2 was Satan's spawn. He cried aaalllllllll the time and got up every 2 hours until he was like 18 months old. He's 6 now and still doesn't sleep through the night! My third is a piece of cake so far and so was my first. Crossing my fingers that #4 will be an easy one, too!

Oh my god you have no idea how much that has made me laugh this morning 'Satan's Spawn'!!!! I am definitely going to be using that quote when referring to my daughter haha!! Thanks for making my morning lol xx

I found 2-3 easier than 1-2, age difference is 21 months between them, I think I just struggled with splitting my time iykwim? Xx

My kids are 3, 2 and 1 now. Having 1 was hard because I didn't know what I was doing. Having 2 was easy because I have 2 hands and could manage both on my own without any issues. Having 3 was easy.....until my baby started walking. Now, I am out of hands and have 3 kids who go in 3 different directions. Thankfully, my oldest is so helpful and wonderful and knows the rules, so we don't have too many problems there. However, if he misses a nap or takes too short of a nap or is bored or having a bad day, I end up with 3 screaming kids because he makes the little ones miserable, too. Talk about my children and me in the stores yesterday. It was horrible because my 3 year old hadn't taken a nap (we had a surprise visitor at nap time). They were all screaming, and I had to hurry the cashier along and pay for my items so I could get them home!

It is wonderful, though. I am now having a fourth. My kids are all best friends, they love each other and respect their parents, and most days are exhausting, but every day is worth it.

You'll have a bigger gap, though. Your oldest should be old enough to understand better and may not need naps, and you won't have these issues. :) hopefully. Lol

I'm with xdxxtx, my kids are 3, 2, and 1, and I think having the first was the hardest because it was a complete change from my previous life, 1-2 was very hard because I had to learn how to juggle the needs of two kids, but 2-3 was the easiest by far. I already knew how to handle more than one kid, so it was just throwing another in mix. I'm hoping it'll be that way for #4, too!

Thank you all for your replies! I guess only time will tell :) my eldest loves babies she is very maternal so I reckon she will be a great help to me, she will be turning 5 the month after I'm due :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->