Question for Parents that have more than one LO

codegirl

Mom to Big E & little e
Reaction score
My question is for Mums that have had more than one child and have found out the sex before birth for one (or more) and NOT found out the sex for one (or more)

My DH and I are having the debate on weither to find out or not, and he was wondering what is different in each experience. He figured Mums (or Dads) that have done both would be a great group to ask.

Could you let me know:

a) which one did you know and which one you didn't know
b) if you chose again, would you want to know or not
c) what was the difference in knowing or not knowing.

Thanks!!

okay im on my 3rd and found out this time im having a boy,on the oldest two i didnt find out but i think that was because i wasnt given the choice.I already have 1 of each so i knew i wasnt gonna get any different but i was dying to know this time so we could go out buying things,the final choice was up to my o/h tho as it is his 1st child,altho i expect i would have whinged if hed said he didnt want to know,im glad i found out and i would again.I was so sure i was having a girl and when they told me it was a boy at 1st i was realy upset but realised id have 20wks left to get used to it,luckily it didnt take that long.I cant wait to go out buying blue stuff now.

My first i didnt get the choice to find out so he was a suprise
This time i found out im having a girl

If i was to have another baby, i think i would op for a suprise as i have one of each.

Buying lots of pink lol.

i didnt want to know with my first, really wanted it to be a suprise as it was my first.

with my 2nd i found out, mainly because oh was dying for a boy.

i think if i had anymore i wouldnt find out because for me, this might sound strange, i missed the suprise of finding out at the end.

I found out with all of mine, but for practical reasons, we arnt loaded, so wanted to make sure i was buying the right colours, plus, im just to damn inpatient to wait, lol.
Im glad i did as my bump stopped being called blob and started to be called by the babies name.
Oh and ill be finding out this time too.

I have just had my 4th Child. I have 3 boys and 1 girl.

a) Which one did you know and which one you didn't know.

With my first two sons I didnt find out their sex. With my 1st we didnt want to know as we wanted a suprise. 2nd we couldnt find out due to the way he was lying.

With my 3rd son we didnt want to know but we had late scans as I went into premature labour at 29 weeks (had him at 39 weeks) so decided to find out at the 32 week scan.

With our daughter we decided to find out, because I had a threatened miscarriage at 7 weeks with her. Also when we went to the 20 week scan she wasnt shy lol and I had a idea I was having a little girl anyway as my whole pregnancy was completly different to the boys right from the start.

b) If you chose again, would you want to know or not

Im not having any more but if I did then yes I would want to find out as I found known the sex made it alot easier to prepare myself and choose a name for him/her before they were born (oldest was 3 days old before we agreed on his first name).

c) What was the difference in knowing or not knowing.

Not known the sex of our first two made it a suprise when they were born but at the same time I wasnt as prepared as I was with the youngest two. I also found that the older children got used to the idea of a little brother/sister and were not disappointed, if they had set their heart on the other.

nope i hate surprises i had to know with them all

I didn't know with my first, and had to with all the rest (I'm now pg with #5) b/c I have been wrong in my impression of what I am having every time. I was not prepared to have a girl with my first (certain she was a boy), and it took a long time to get used to the fact that she was a girl. I also wasn't prepared with stuff, so I have found out with all my other babies just so I wouldn't be so out of it when they came along. I am not having more, but I would still find out if I planned on another.

I found out first time as wanted to buy the right colours instead of just white and im guna find out this time also if i can as its just such a long time to wait!!!Lol

I didnt find out with my first but only because it was the trusts policy at the time (14yrs ago) not to tell people. I would have like to have known. I dont think it made a difference not knowing. This time we wanted to find out. we really wanted a boy and both knew that we'd be a tiny bit disappointed if we were having a girl. It turns out we are and although my disappointment lasted about 5 mins, my hubby was a bit sad for a couple of days. We wont be having anymore and he just would have liked a son as well as a daughter. I;m so glad we found out because he's now really excited about having a little girl and I didnt want him to have any kind of disappointed feelings whatsoever when she was born. I'm not sure that he would have felt that way but you never know. When my first was born I wanted a girl and at the moment she was born I did actually think to myself 'I hope its not a boy'....bad you might think but I'm being honest - I had my heart set on a little girl. I still feel bad for thinking like that and I know now by knowing the sex up front, nothing like that will cross my hubby's mind.

Wow....I went on a bit there......:shy:

I have two children and one on the way.

Didn't have the sex of my first two confirmed as the sonographers were not allowed to tell you.

Since then, private 3D scans have came out and with this little one I did find out.

Yes I would want to know. I was supposedly done with my second child and gave away all my baby boy and girl stuff - all my baby stuff. I wanted to know so that I could buy gender-related.

Once again, the ability to buy gender-related baby clothes, etc.

I didnt find out with my first and have this time found out

I dont think i would no tbh. This time i was convinced that id be having another boy but turned out to be a girl but ive not quite believed it since and ive been left quite anxious about the whole not knowing properly malarky cus they can get it wrong. So i still havent gone out on a mad pink spending spree just incase. I do have another scan next week to double check though :)

Well for me not knowing was quite exciting i loved the guessing and everyone having a guess and when he was born my bf shouting its a boy was brilliant as well. This time i thought id find out to let my little man get used to the idea of having a sister and get prepared and i didnt believe them when they told me anyway lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->