Question for those on BC pill

Shadowy Lady

Reaction score
hi guys,

I want to go back on the birth control pill (haven't been on it for 2 years) and my baby is almost 9 months. My doctor said that my milk supply may drop but she doesn't think it will matter as Sofia only feeds 3 times during the 24 hour period. I feel a but iffy about it still though....

Do any of you bf'ing moms to babies 6months plus take the pill? Did you notice any change to your supply?

I've been taking the mini pill (cerazette) since 3 weeks pp. I have always suffered with oversupply and my supply didn't regulate till Robyn was over 3 months so I don't think it has affected my supply at all!

I'm with Sproglet, I'm also on cerazette and have been since my 6 week check. I've noticed no difference in supply and have had no other negative effects
Xx

I took the mini-pill last time and it didn't affect my supply at all. I wouldn't take the combined pill though, at nine months Sofia still needs a lot of milk even though she's only having three feeds and my understanding is that the combined pill would be very likely to reduce your supply considerably.

same as above, I have been on the mini pill since 6 wks pp and I don't think it affected my supply at all. :)

My midwife put me on the mini pill and my supply hasn't been affected at all

Thanks ladies! I will have a chat with my doctor as she has given me Alesse and ask to switch to the mini pill

For you ladies that are on the mini pill, did you find that it gave you acne? Also do you get a period on it?

For you ladies that are on the mini pill, did you find that it gave you acne? Also do you get a period on it?

I didn't get any side effects from the mini-pill except for low sex drive. But that could have been due to exhaustion and breastfeeding and generally having a young baby too. I didn't get any periods when I was taking the mini-pill but I think that was because I was breastfeeding because my cycle didn't return for about 3 months after I stopped taking it.

Ok well I stopped breast feedimg shortly after taking the mini pill and now I'm getting crazy acne but it could also be due to my hormones regulating again

I've not had acne either, nor a period (but I was told that I wouldn't get a period, maybe breakthrough bleeding but this would be light). I've also had a low sex drive, but as said above I don't know if this is just tiredness and breastfeeding either?!

X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"