Question for those who have a la Bassine pool!

blue_kat

Reaction score
Hi,

Hoping someone might have the answers to a couple of questions I have about the pool...I am going to order it this weekend, so excited!

Firstly is there anything negative I should be aware of with this pool against others on the market? I have done lots of research and everyone seems to love them...however, you dont always know what you need until its too late!

The other question is about the tap connectors? How do I know whether I need square or round? I dont know if I have even seen a square tap lol. I am not too worried as I guess I can always get another connector from B&Q or something if I get the wrong one?!

Finally if you have recommendations on good stockists I would be grateful - so far best price for pool plus bits and bobs is : madeinwater.co.uk

oohh and are there any accessories you wish you had bought?

Thanks!!!

Kat

Made in Water at the only stockists to my knowledge and they are excellent - both the stockist AND the pool. I LOVE LOVE LOVE mine and I have 2! No down sides IMHO and as far as tap connectors theres a bit on the sight I think that says which you need. Rounded traditional style taps need the round one and mixer taps generally need the square one. If in doubt get a square one with the kit as the round ones are easily available in hardware and DIY shops for a couple of quid. :)

I saw the title of the thread and instantly knew I'd find you here Lisa! :p

Thank you! I am so excited now! Just need it to arrive before baby now!

Got list of things to get now from the midwife which is annoying as she could hav given it to me weeks ago! Going to have to send OH out on a treasure hunt I think!

I'm erring on the side of this pool too, mainly because of all the great things I've heard on here and they look great! The blow up bottom (lol) looks so comfortable on the knees, and the way it is designed too, meaning less likely of water leakage if one of my cats decides to join in with my labouring! :thumbup:

Got list of things to get now from the midwife which is annoying as she could hav given it to me weeks ago! Going to have to send OH out on a treasure hunt I think!

I know there are a number of things that women birthing at home have found we wanted, or useful, so just out of interest Kat, what did the MW suggest you go out and a get?
Xxx

I had and used this pool for both my homebirths. I am trying to convince my OH to let me sell it though as I dont think we will be having anymore babies. Will put a post up later (if he says yes, he is a horder) to see if anyone is interested!

I have the La Bassine and I love it. Nice and big, the bottom inflates so it's nice to sit on, took 4 mintues to blow it up with a electric pump, took about 30 minutes to fill.

I have got mine on order! :happydance: Have not used it yet obviously, but have heard all good things about it.

I know there are a number of things that women birthing at home have found we wanted, or useful, so just out of interest Kat, what did the MW suggest you go out and a get?
Xxx

My list says:
* adequate heating and hot water (obviously not to buy but worth checking all is working before labour)
* plastic sheeting, shower curtain or ground sheet with an old chean sheet on top to protect floor/bed.
*Plastic bin liners covered with large old towell/sheet can be used to protect sofas and chairs
*a couple of large old towels which can be thrown out after if very soiled
*a bucket for putting soiled items in
*portable, angle poise lamp with adequate extention
*at least 2 packs of maternity pads
*pants(disposible are recommended)

for baby : couple of clean soft towels, baby clothes (warmed), nappies, cot sheets and blankets

I have summerised as much as possible! They also talk about music/lighting etc and also suggest offering the midwives tea/coffee/juice while they are there!

If anyone has any other suggestions please feel free to add

on another note - MY POOL JUST ARRIVED!!!! Cant lift the box to look at it but so excited!!

wooohooo at the pool arriving!!

Thank you for posting up your list
I would add a couple of things that I found useful
Straws so you can drink easily while in the pool
mirror - great to be able to see babies head - both for you and your MWs( Esp if you are in a postition where they can't see)
Torch - works just as well as a lamp and can follow you anywhere, without cables all over the place (though you might want to get a little lamp (pref dimmable) for feeding baby in the night.. that will help both you and baby get back to sleep.

I'm surprised that your MW didn't mention the bacon sandwiches! They all seem to love a bacon sarnie! :)
Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"