Question from ttc

Nataliieexo

Reaction score
When you concieved did you dtd everyday or every other day?

I had a chemical last month and dtd everday for a week actually we dtd 15 times that week.

We did the same last cycle but my symptoms at ovulation were so different i wasnt sure if i really ovulated or my hormones were out of whack etc.

We are active and will bd everyday i am not due to ovulate until next friday and will only be able to bd until next saturday because i am going on holiday without my oh.

Thanks in advance :)

With my first, we were DTD 1-3 times a week. With my second, we weren't trying and DTD twice, once on CD5 and once on CD17... I O'd on CD16. With this one, we certainly weren't trying but DTD once daily throughout my fertile time, and I wasn't paying attention to WHEN that was, so I didn't realize I could have been fertile.

I've NEVER conceived while TTC. Too stressful, I think. With my first, we stopped trying that month and got our baby. With our second two, obviously, we weren't trying...

I think next cycle i will not try but how do i switch off from trying i keep thinking i will not try and end up doing it x

We use the clear blue fertilty monitor, and with our first it we did it on our highs, not ovulation day and were blessed with our son.

This time around I was getting ready to start trying, did the monitor to give it a month of knowing my cycle. We ended up dtd on 4 and 5 days from ovulation and still were blessed with our little bean. I guess what I am saying is you don't need to do it every day for 15 days straight, just need to get it in your ovulation window of time. I would do every other day to allow the sperms that are being generated to be well made. If you are doing it every day you may be running the risk of having sperm that are no good going after the egg :)

Good luck!

When I conceived this time we dtd every day the week I ovulated. And every other day leading up to it.

The rule of thumb is to DTD every other day. And the day of ovulation.

This is because sperm can live for 5 to 7 days in your tubes and uterus waiting for an egg, but the egg only lives 24hrs.

So by rights if you DTD Thursday and Saturday you should be in with a chance xxx

DH and I dtd every other day when we were trying. We had read somewhere that sperm does not have enough time to replenish completely if you try every day, so every other day seemed to be the optimum choice.

I agree with the other ladies too, sperm needs to be fully developed to be worthy enough of fertilising the egg, so sometimes too much sex can produce weak under developed sperm, it's all about hitting your fertile window over how much you have.

If you can't take yourself away from actively "trying" just DTD every other day regardless of if you're ovulating or not. That way you're still trying but it's not so full on, and your window of fertility will be covered xx

i DTD twice 4 days before O and once 2 days before O so about 3 times the week of O and got pregnant. HTH :flower:

Thanks and the reason we bd so much is because my oh has a high sex drive and its been like that since we got together x

Thanks and the reason we bd so much is because my oh has a high sex drive and its been like that since we got together x

I guess you are going to have to talk to him and tell him that every other day would be healthier if TTC and you want to become pregnant with a sticky bean...if you have issues conceiving :)

We DTD starting 2 days before O, the the O day, plus the day after. 4 days total.

We DTD way before I was expected to OV (5 days) as we were preventing. I think the fact that I was BF messed up my cycle LOL. With my other kiddos we DTD approx every 36h during my fertile time. We were LTTTC#1 (4years) so had it down to a science by the end LOL.

We dtd two days before O, the day before O, and O day. Only once at night each day.

We had given up trying and only did it 3 times in July when I conceived haha didn't even know it was a good time that we did it or anything, so lucky! We had been trying on and off for a year but had both been really busy at work and gotten sick of trying and then being disappointed! I guess the stress of trying was stopping it happening maybe!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->