Question. Sorry it is a little long

angeleyez92

Pregnant with 1st baby!<3
Reaction score
Hey girls,
I just had to ask someone's opinion on this problem I am having. I am currently a full-time college student and I also work full-time. i have been completely exhausted lately and I do not feel like doing anyhting. I am getting very stressed out from all that is going on. My OH said that he would like me to stop working at the beginning of July. He does not like how stressed I get. He told me that he also feels that it is his responsibility to take care of me and our unborn child. I would not mind leaving from work. However, everyone else in my family that I have told and my friends have all said that I am being lazy and selfish... They said that if I continue working until Novenber then I would have a lot more money for baby. My Oh works a lot and we figured out qa budget. He has two jobs and makes around 50 or 60 dollars a night in tips at one of his jobs. Not including tips, he would have 400 dollars extra a month after bills and rent. The tips he will be using for gas and entertainment stuff. Do you guys think I am being selfish or lazy?:-(

i dont think so at all i feel the same way but i have to keep working but honestly i think if my oh said he didn't want me to work and we could afford it then i probably would not work and i don't think its selfish because your tired and you deserve to relax!

i dont think so at all i feel the same way but i have to keep working but honestly i think if my oh said he didn't want me to work and we could afford it then i probably would not work and i don't think its selfish because your tired and you deserve to relax!

Thank you...it is just that many people are making me feel bad about it....

If you are well off without your job I dont see the problem. TBH, after I got past my ms I really wished I had a job though. Im a full time college student and I honestly was always bored after school. Alot of people gain more energy in their 2nd trimester (I being one of them for awhile) and they dont like to be bored too much. lol. But, if you think you can afford to without a job and don't think you'll regret it I'd say your not being selfish.

If you are well off without your job I dont see the problem. TBH, after I got past my ms I really wished I had a job though. Im a full time college student and I honestly was always bored after school. Alot of people gain more energy in their 2nd trimester (I being one of them for awhile) and they dont like to be bored too much. lol. But, if you think you can afford to without a job and don't think you'll regret it I'd say your not being selfish.

Haha. I hope that I do not regret it. I have to do a lot of heavy lifting at my work and clean with a lot of chemicals... I do not know if I will miss it too much... My sister-in-law said that if I get bored she will come and hang out with me. We will be going walking and everything so that I still get exercise for baby. Besides, OH likes to keep me busy with cooking and cleaning..lol

Haha. I hope that I do not regret it. I have to do a lot of heavy lifting at my work and clean with a lot of chemicals... I do not know if I will miss it too much... My sister-in-law said that if I get bored she will come and hang out with me. We will be going walking and everything so that I still get exercise for baby. Besides, OH likes to keep me busy with cooking and cleaning..lol

Ohh no then you shouldnt be there anyway! lol. You got a great support group then soo you shouldnt be worried about everyone else saying your selfish =]

Ohh no then you shouldnt be there anyway! lol. You got a great support group then soo you shouldnt be worried about everyone else saying your selfish =]

I know...I guess I just feel bad because it will put extra stress on OH. He said that he does not mind though becasue he would rather have the stress than me... lol but I know he is only saying it to make me happy...:blush:

Awee atleast he cares enough! Does your job know your pregnant?

I don't think you're being selfish at all. As long as you and your OH are comfortable with your finances if there's only him working, I see no problem in that.

In all reality if you are really stressed out with work and school, after a while it may lead to you getting burned out and just basically breaking down and getting depressed. Not saying it would happen for sure, but it's a possibility. :flower:

I really think it's sweet of your OH to offer to do that in the first place. He obviously cares about you and your LO. :)

I know. He has been very sweet... I got reall lucky with him :blush: lol and yea I told my work the day that I found out. i have already told my manager today that I am leaving July 5th. She does not want me to go... She wants me to continue working until November when I am due in december =/ they just do not want me to go because I am their fastest cashier...

I don't think you're being selfish at all. As long as you and your OH are comfortable with your finances if there's only him working, I see no problem in that.

In all reality if you are really stressed out with work and school, after a while it may lead to you getting burned out and just basically breaking down and getting depressed. Not saying it would happen for sure, but it's a possibility. :flower:

I really think it's sweet of your OH to offer to do that in the first place. He obviously cares about you and your LO. :)

Yes we will have plenty of extra money after bills are paid... I just will need to wach how much I spend for baby.... I have already been getting burned out... My grades have been slipping becasue I am too tired to do my schoolwork when I get home from work.. I have already beoken down crying many times from all the stress.... It may just be my hormones tho...:haha: Yes he cares a lot about LO and I. He was raised to believe that he needs to be the man of the house. lol His mom yells at him if he even lets me buy anything for him.

I know. He has been very sweet... I got reall lucky with him :blush: lol and yea I told my work the day that I found out. i have already told my manager today that I am leaving July 5th. She does not want me to go... She wants me to continue working until November when I am due in december =/ they just do not want me to go because I am their fastest cashier...

You deff. did your OH sounds very responsible. =D

Tell them you cant handle working and going to school while pregnant and that maybe (if they want you) you can return to work when LO comes. :flower: That way you can still use them as a reference later in life :haha:

Tell them you cant handle working and going to school while pregnant and that maybe (if they want you) you can return to work when LO comes. :flower: That way you can still use them as a reference later in life :haha:

Yes. Well he is quite a bit older than me so he is more responsible than other guys. I will not be going back to work when LO comes becasue I do not have anyone to watch LO. If I put baby in childcare it is around 800 dollars a month where I live. I only make around 600 dollars a month. So it would take all of my money plus a lot of OH's....
I hope I can use them in the future for a reference though becasue I have worked their for a long time. I will be leaving on good terms though. This is why I have told them a month before instead of only the two weeks required...:thumbup:

Yes. Well he is quite a bit older than me so he is more responsible than other guys. I will not be going back to work when LO comes becasue I do not have anyone to watch LO. If I put baby in childcare it is around 800 dollars a month where I live. I only make around 600 dollars a month. So it would take all of my money plus a lot of OH's....
I hope I can use them in the future for a reference though becasue I have worked their for a long time. I will be leaving on good terms though. This is why I have told them a month before instead of only the two weeks required...:thumbup:

ohh that is really expensive!!

ts good you are leaving on good terms though! Good luck with everything! Sont pay attention to everyone else. You guys seem well off and you are far from selfish :flower:

I don't think you sound selfish at all!! :) to me you sound like you've got an amazing OH who wants to take care of you!

ohh that is really expensive!!

ts good you are leaving on good terms though! Good luck with everything! Sont pay attention to everyone else. You guys seem well off and you are far from selfish :flower:

yes very expensive..lol everything is expensive where I live... and thank you very much hun.

I don't think you sound selfish at all!! :) to me you sound like you've got an amazing OH who wants to take care of you!

Thank you hun. Yes I know he wants to take care of me I just feel bad becasue I am used to being independent..... it is a big change fore me to have someone take care of me. I am not sure how I will react to having to depend on someone...:dohh:

Thank you hun. Yes I know he wants to take care of me I just feel bad becasue I am used to being independent..... it is a big change fore me to have someone take care of me. I am not sure how I will react to having to depend on someone...:dohh:

You could always try it and if you decided you would rather be able to work for your money get another job!? It might be nice to have a little break? Even if you stopped working in September instead and then didn't go back to it after the baby gets here?

You could always try it and if you decided you would rather be able to work for your money get another job!? It might be nice to have a little break? Even if you stopped working in September instead and then didn't go back to it after the baby gets here?

Welll if I decide to go back then they will let me. They know that I am a very good emploee and told me that I will always have a position there... lol and yea my OH does not want me to stay until then though. i wanted to stay until October but he says that he hates having to worry about me.

Welll if I decide to go back then they will let me. They know that I am a very good emploee and told me that I will always have a position there... lol and yea my OH does not want me to stay until then though. i wanted to stay until October but he says that he hates having to worry about me.

Well then there you go!! Have a nice summer off before the baby gets here!! It'll be your last without LO! I don't think that sounds lazy whatsoever.. Lol. It'd be nice since you'll be in school fulltime anyways!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->