question

cowboys angel

new mama & wife and ttc#2
Reaction score
Have any of you preemie moms got pregnant again shortly after childbirth? How did it affect the second pregnancy?

I have been diagnosed with MS, and we are going to start trying now for another baby before I get put on meds. I am just curious about the effects of one preemie baby on another pregnancy shortly afterwards.

I had 3 years between 1 and 2 and they were both 35 weekers, then got pregnant at exactly 1 year postpartum twice and they were 33 and 32 weekers so it did seem to make them slightly earlier. Good luck ttc:flower:

I imagine it would have a lot to do with the reason for the early baby. For me, it should be a one of, so hopefully wouldn't affect much, but for someone with pre e it might have more of an effect

I have a 9 month old who was born 11 weeks early, and I am 19 weeks pregnant. This pregnancy has been good so far. I am on weekly progesterone injections to hopefully prevent another preterm birth.

Alex just turned one (actual) when I found out I was pregnant. I have read leaving it longer minimises the chances. It also boils down to the reasoning for your preemie being early too.

You'll never know til it happens again. When I got pregnant with Tori I genuinely thought she'd be earlier and we'd find out why Alex came early. But we haven't. She was overdue and it will forever be a mystery!

You need to discuss this with your doctor before trying really. That was my intention :dohh:

I think it depends why your baby came early and how soon you get pregnant.

Thanks ladies. My baby was early cuz I fell at 24 weeks, and after that they just never were able to get labor to stop completely. I made it to 35 weeks, so she wasn't early by much...

And I'm not pregnant yet. We aren't necessarily trying...we're just not using birth control. Just not :sex: on more fertile days, etc.

Lol hmm be careful with that approach! Thats what I was doing until my cycle threw a wobbler and I am now expecting no. 2 :).
Jamie was 8 months when I found out and its fine, just loads more scans and monitoring.

I would be very happy if I became pregnant, that's our ultimate goal. We're just kinda waiting to speak to the neurologist about my MS tho.

I've already been told they're going to monitor me a lot when I get pregnant again, whether it's immediately or in 5 years, so whatever.

Well good luck, I hope you don't have to wait 5 years :).
Sorry to hear about the MS though, does it have an effect on fertility?

Me too! Thanks!

MS has no effect on fertility, and during pregnancy can even help freeze MS and make symptoms disappear. It just comes back with a vengeance a few months after childbirth.

I had a baby at 27 weeks and found out I was pregnant when he was 10 weeks old.

I went on to have the twins at 23 weeks, so they are only 7 months and 9 days younger than the first baby.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->