Questions about BLW

cheryl

mum of 3 +1 mc
Reaction score
I had never heard about BLW before I popped on here yesterday. Well its got me thinking, I really want to do it, Dillan just isn't into purees and loves finger foods. I tried him with some toast and although he spat most of it on the floor he ate some. He hates bottle and wants big boy food, like his big brother and sister I think.
So my questions are,
Do I need to give it so many days before I introduce a new food? If so how many days in between?
Do I still give him a purred one to start with til he gets the hang of it so it doesn't get hungry from dropping most on the floor LOL? Maybe feed some and let him do the rest? Not sure how to introduce it ?
He hates water too I have tried it from birth and he just refusses it, some days he will resuse his bottle too? Not sure what to do.
Sorry I have so many questions LOL.
Luv Cheryl xxx:hug::hug::hug:

Ive found that the first few times I gave Amelie finger foods she just played about with them and put them in her mouth evemtually and now when I give her some toast or something she eats a good amount of it. I still give Amelie a puree but its upto you if you want to or not. You could make a puree and give him things to dip into it like carrot sticks, cucumber, peppers etc etc

Thanks hun, I will give it a go He seems to love it more than eating purrees, So I think I will go with the flow and see what happens.
He loves food so I think he will love it.
I am going to buy the book too and see if that helps.
Luv Cheryl xxx

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product...&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=467198433&pf_rd_i=468294

You should read this book its really good. Basically the essence of BLW is that you dont feed them at all, either by spoon feeding on putting something in their mouths. You basically put a couple of different things on their tray and let them choose what they want to eat. They will tell you most of the time when they have had enough by emptying their tray onto the floor.

They get most of their nutrients from milk and eating food is just about learning and exploring so you dont have to worry about getting stuff in them they wont starve.

Ive not started weaning yet obviously Im just going on what Ive read in books and on here. Theres a couple of mums that are doing it tho.. xKatx is a really great source of info for BLW and so is bethanylee.

tbh I dont really get or agree with blw (for younger, 5 month olds)... however, as your baby is over 7 months he will have the right amount of dexterity to do finger foods. Jasmine wasnt ready for finger foods until just recently, but she is doing good, any fruit etc I crush cheerios and coat them so she can hold them... She has toast and various purees or yogurt as the topping,... I still give her some food from a spoon... Its natural for babies to be fed by parents, older infants are on the verge of being more independant so some do really well with just finger foods.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product...&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=467198433&pf_rd_i=468294

You should read this book its really good. Basically the essence of BLW is that you dont feed them at all, either by spoon feeding on putting something in their mouths. You basically put a couple of different things on their tray and let them choose what they want to eat. They will tell you most of the time when they have had enough by emptying their tray onto the floor.

They get most of their nutrients from milk and eating food is just about learning and exploring so you dont have to worry about getting stuff in them they wont starve.

Ive not started weaning yet obviously Im just going on what Ive read in books and on here. Theres a couple of mums that are doing it tho.. xKatx is a really great source of info for BLW and so is bethanylee.

Ooh, thanks for that - a nice confidence booster!
I'm really passionate about this subject, so feel free to PM me if you like. It's tough going, but so, so worth it! Babies from 6 months on are perfectly capable of feeding themselves. Oliver has never been fed or given any purees and he eats tonnes now! Definitely read the book hun - it makes you realise how logical this method is!

Thank you ladies, my biggest problem is getting him to take his milk, today i tried and he loved it but he didn't actually eat much, but was really grumpy after i did it. I will pm you hun, i think i will defo get the book too.
Luv Cheryl xxx

Like Sparks said, milk will be what keeps him from getting hungry until he's actually eating more. It's surprising how quickly pick it up - literally! :lol: Hebe is really good with a spoon already and chews lovely an she's only a few weeks ahead of Dillan. :D

Thanks Hun, Its was just that he wasn't having as much milk as he was but I think if he is hungry he will want more.
I will see how he gets on and if he doesn't seem to eat much I will top him up with some.
Luv Cheryl xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->