questions about EDD?

bethy1512

due NYE 09
Reaction score
If i go by my dates of "last menstrual cycle" i should be due in 6 days time. At my 12 week scan they gave me the date of 31/12/09... so 11 days time.

Any second time mummies on here have any experience on which date has been more accurate? I know bubs wont come until he/she is ready.... i just been thinking about it now its getting closer. x

It all depends on how regular your cycles are. LMP only works for regular, 28 day cycles with a 14 day luteal phase. Anything else - later or earlier ovulation, longer or shorter luteal phase - and LMP dating is inaccurate. It harks back to the days when the medical community insisted all women have 28 day cycles, despite evidence to the contrary. It's useful if you don't know your cycle lengths or don't know when you ovulated, but it's only a reasonable estimate :)

And remember, only a small percentage of women go into labour on their EDD. A normal, healthy pregnancy can be anything from 37-42 weeks.

thats good to know as i was wondering the same, dates say 24th and my scan says 30th x

I think the only real way to know acurrate EDD is if you were TTC and know when you ovulated.

My original date was Boxing Day but was moved by scan to 30th. Doesn't look like baby is gonna be here for a while though - not engaged!

I was charting with DS so knew when I conceived but scan put me 1 week earlier - he was actually born 2 weeks before scan date!

I know for sure when i conceived because we've had problems and were using ovulation tests, If i go by those dates my LO should've been out on the 12th dec as it is he's still quite comfy in there and my due date by Dr is this saturday.So basically they'll come whenever they're ready !!!!
One thing i would say is try not to get too hung up on the two different dates like i did, it makes the wait even worse when you're expecting it to be sooner than it may actually happen(if that makes sense?)

I worked my dates out as 17th March but scan says 22nd so not much difference really! Babies will come when they are ready im trying not to get my hopes up again about my dates as i went 2 weeks over with my first and it drags!

i worked out my EDD would be 13th Jan - they put me back to 24th :( so we'll see! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->