Questions about opks....

WanaBaba

Reaction score
Hi ladies :flower: this is the first month I have started doing opks properly, but I am a little confused!

I am using ICs and started doing them cd11, usually in the afternoon, anyway the test line was hardly there so obv negative, then yesterday I did one at 10am and it was ALMOST positive. So this morning (CD16) I did one at 8am and it was positive. Now im a little worried incase it was a false positive as It says not to use FMU. I woke up at 4 am so went for a wee then and then went back to sleep til 8 and thn did the test. So is this still classed as fmu even though I had a wee at 4am?

Another thing I'm worrying about.... Oh goes back to work today so we won't be able to dtd now until next week end. But we dtd this morning, last night and the night before so do you think we could still be in with a chance or is it unlikely since I might not ovulate until tomorrow?

Thanks ladies and sorry for any silly questions!

Hello!

I think you are definitely in with a chance! I got my BFP this month in virtually identical circumstances: had an almost positive OPK the night of CD 13, then a just about positive with FMU the next morning - I too was worried about a false positive but then when I did another OPK 2-3 hours later - it was VERY, VERY positive positive OPK We BD'd CD 13 in the evening, CD 14 in the evening and CD 15 in the evening and got our BFP 9dpo. So: FMU does not give false positives with an OPK - I am now almost 6 weeks pregnant! Hope this helps! xx

Hello!

I think you are definitely in with a chance! I got my BFP this month in virtually identical circumstances: had an almost positive OPK the night of CD 13, then a just about positive with FMU the next morning - I too was worried about a false positive but then when I did another OPK 2-3 hours later - it was VERY, VERY positive positive OPK We BD'd CD 13 in the evening, CD 14 in the evening and CD 15 in the evening and got our BFP 9dpo. So: FMU does not give false positives with an OPK - I am now almost 6 weeks pregnant! Hope this helps! xx

Thanks Hun that's reassuring, I'm gonna do another one in an hour (holding wee in for 4 hrs) and see what the result is!
Congratulations on your BFP!! X

I think retest in the afternoon, even though it was taken at 8am after you had already got up, unless you had something to drink in between then the urine would still be very concentrated.
If it is a positive then I think you would be in with a good chance!

I think retest in the afternoon, even though it was taken at 8am after you had already got up, unless you had something to drink in between then the urine would still be very concentrated.
If it is a positive then I think you would be in with a good chance!

Thanks Hun I've just taken another one after holding wee in for 3.5 hours and it was negative. This is ten hours after the positive, so it is possible for it be negative now or do you think this morning was a false positive?

Here are both tests to compare.

First one 8 am

Second one 6 pm

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 10
Wouldn't let me attach both pics to last post so here's second.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 7
I would say the afternoon reading is more likely to be reliable- provided tht youve not had lots to drink prior to taking it or emptied bladder recently before it. However I wouldnt discount the first one,- you never know if its the surge starting to fall. Have you taken them this early before to know whats normal for you/compare result to? Probs a good idea to start doing them at roughly the same time to save the confusion.

I would say the afternoon reading is more likely to be reliable- provided tht youve not had lots to drink prior to taking it or emptied bladder recently before it. However I wouldnt discount the first one,- you never know if its the surge starting to fall. Have you taken them this early before to know whats normal for you/compare result to? Probs a good idea to start doing them at roughly the same time to save the confusion.

No this is the first month I've done them and its usually been in the afternoon or evening. I've decided I'm guna do another one tomorrow morning and if its positive I know that this mornings was a false positive but if its negative then maybe this mornings was a true positive?
It's all so confusing! Next month I'm def gonna try and do them at same time it's just so hard cos you gotta be at home really as I have the ones where u have to pee in a pot!

Yep it is confusing, i felt like putting mine in the bin this month because i had what looked like two positives a week apart :wacko:, maybe try and see if there are any other clues like CM changing, if it was positive- and you ovulated, AF or a BFP should follow a approx couple of weeks later.

Yep it is confusing, i felt like putting mine in the bin this month because i had what looked like two positives a week apart :wacko:, maybe try and see if there are any other clues like CM changing, if it was positive- and you ovulated, AF or a BFP should follow a approx couple of weeks later.

Oh dear! Were yours ICs? I always worry incase they're wrong because they're so cheap! Tbh the cm confuses me even more! I started getting EWCM on day 11! And then day 14 I got creamy/ milky and then EWCM a few hours later. So confusing! And I have cycles usually around 32 sometimes 34 days so according to all the fertility apps I have i shouldn't be ovulating til around day 18 which makes no sense if I start getting EWCM day 11! My head hurts thinking about it all! Lol.

yep mine are the ic's too-tbh i think its more me thats not working than them! lol. I think I must have geared upto ovulate but not quite made it, now im onto CD39 and starting to worry that I could be in for a really long cycle! The ICS worked perfectly last month and I had an umistakable +ve that lasted two days, much darker than control. My CM is all over the place too! - I have come off Microgynon pill 4 months ago so think this is the cause of the erractic CM... is this the case with you?

yep mine are the ic's too-tbh i think its more me thats not working than them! lol. I think I must have geared upto ovulate but not quite made it, now im onto CD39 and starting to worry that I could be in for a really long cycle! The ICS worked perfectly last month and I had an umistakable +ve that lasted two days, much darker than control. My CM is all over the place too! - I have come off Microgynon pill 4 months ago so think this is the cause of the erractic CM... is this the case with you?

No Hun I haven't been on the pill since before having my first LO, although I do remember the first month off it I had alsorts of weird cm and no EWCM and managed to get pregnant! (Second month)
Well I got up at 4 this morning and had a wee had to set alarm lol! And then took a test at 8 and its deffinately a negative! So now I'm feeling all excited as thinking yesterday must have been a true positive?

I'll try and attach pic of this mornings test

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members